X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Toyos DVD on IPL is out...

looks kinda shady...

http://www.amazon.com/Toyos-Clinic-O...8469536&sr=8-1
    Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

I dont understand why everyone is saying stuff like this....i'm not going to attack anyone, but I want to add some info

seriously, just go try IPL, at worst you waste some money. there are so many 'quality of life' improving treatments in the world that ARE dangerous and huge risks, like heart valve replacement, transplants, etc. IPL is not one of them

also, not to defend toyos, but he has no financial interest in the technology he created. that means he makes no money from selling the product. rather, he makes money from selling himself. Im sure alot of these DVD's are going to skeptical doctors who might see the video and then choose to become trained by Toyos for the treatment. i dont see how you can blame someone for trying to make a living. i have the video and it doesnt say anything misleading, in fact if anything it makes no promises and the information it provides is actually pretty interesting, although as dry eye sufferers most people would know the information already.

finally, ive had a year worth of IPLs and its given me most of my life back, and there is no doubt that it is IPL that helped. while I would have liked if I was the perfect IPL patient and was cured in 3 treatments, thats not always the case. I can see on slit lamp video the difference on my eyelids

Comment

Intriguing.

Well, everyone is entitled to her/his own opinion.

I just hope Dr. Toyos utilises the revenues of his DVD sales to work towards establishing the scientific validity (and objectivity...) of his claims. Say, by conducting a double-blind, placebo-controlled randomised clinical trial for instance.

Maybe then the medical community would acknowledge the treatment and ultimately people wouldn't need to travel from Australia to the US. I wish him good luck..for all of us out here...
      Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

Comment

Working...
      X