Lasik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasik

Has anyone tried Restasis for dry eyes? Any good results?

I think you'll find the results are mixed. Have a look in this forum - it's a young bulletin board so not much yet but there are a couple of reviews. I think that the most frequently reported problem is stinging.

While exhibiting at SECO recently we discussed Restasis results with a large number of optometrists visiting our booth. There too, it was mixed. Many of them reported problems with stinging, and patients whom it did not benefit, but many also reported good results, and a few were using it themselves.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you. I will look into the Nutratears.

Comment

Hey Mike,
        I'm new to this web site, but not to Restasis. I'm been using them for about 3 months now. I don't have any stinging when I use them, but I honestly don't think they help at all either. I laugh when I see that commercial on TV...if only it were that easy!

Comment

i have been using restasis for a month and i do get a slight sting sometimes. You can combat this by keeping them in the fridge. As for what it is doing for me, nothing yet, but i think it takes at least 3 months or so to notice a difference.

Comment

restasis

Does anyone know why it says that restasis does not work with plugs? It says this on the website.

Comment

That is weird, I got lower plugs (temporary) put in before I had LASIK and was told to restart restasis a day after surgery.

Comment

restasis web site

From the restasis website under practitioners:
                RESTASIS® (cyclosporine ophthalmic emulsion) 0.05% is the only prescription eye drop indicated to increase tear production in patients whose tear production is presumed to be suppressed due to ocular inflammation associated with keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Increased tear production was not seen in patients currently taking topical anti-inflammatory drugs or using punctal plugs

Comment

wtf.

If this hasn't been dissproven somewhere Ima snap. these drops are expensive!

Comment

Working...
                  X