Small query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small query

HI i have got a little confusion for washing eyes everytime i put the lubricating drops.
    Do i need to wash the eyes before putting the drops. Will it cause more dryness?
    Bcoz washing away every now and then would cause tears to be washed away also.

Do you mean washing the eye area with water first? If so, no .. I would use drops as instructed by your doctor...
    Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
      Do you mean washing the eye area with water first? If so, no .. I would use drops as instructed by your doctor...
      I mean that splashing water in eyes before putting any lubricating drops(be it 5 times or more than that)

Comment

No, don't do that. It's really not good for your eyes. I would only put water in your eyes in an emergency if you get something in your eyes.

You don't need to put anything in before applying drops.

If you ever need to wash out your eyes, I would use unpreserved saline if possible. Safer than tap water, and a better pH balance for the eyes.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
          No, don't do that. It's really not good for your eyes. I would only put water in your eyes in an emergency if you get something in your eyes.

You don't need to put anything in before applying drops.

If you ever need to wash out your eyes, I would use unpreserved saline if possible. Safer than tap water, and a better pH balance for the eyes.

Thanks Rebecca for ur reply. So that means i can put lubricating drops without washing my eyes on the before added lubricating drops. Will it effect my visibility or increase dryness.

Comment

Working...
          X