Dr. Jay Gross (Santa Monica, CA) and the ****** Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Jay Gross (Santa Monica, CA) and the ****** Probe

Over four years ago, I was diagnosed with dry eye due to meibomian gland dysfunction. I have been taking evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, or Theratears Omega-3 caps, etc. ever since. I tried plugs (and smart plugs) for 4 yrs. and all the over the counter drops out there as well as 2 1/2 yrs. on Restasis, all with no relief. The only drop I found that helped at all is DWELL, which I would use maybe 6-8 drops every day starting around 10am till bedtime..

During that period, I consulted seven opthamologists. I was desperate to relieve the pain and about a year ago I met with Dr. Assil to see if IPL treatments might help. These involve using a laser (originally used to treat rosacea) to help unclog the oil glands. He told me my oil glands were clogged and what oil he could see was the consistency of toothpaste. Not good.
    I was a good candidate for IPL. Although it sounded like it 'might' help, the price floored me and I was at a loss what to do next.

Dr. Jay Gross, who'd fitted me with plugs (and helped my mom with her macular degeneration)
    suggested we try the ****** Probe. It is an hand held tool with a tiny needle at the end which the doctor inserts
    into as many of the 30 top-of-the-lid oil glands and 20 bottom-of-the-lid glands as he can access.

About a week after the first treatment, I noticed I did not even think about putting in drops until about 4pm!
    That is big! I maybe use DWELL only 3 times a day now, down from 6-8. There was also oil collecting on my eyeball. It looked like a grease spot. The idea my glands might be secreting oil for the first time in 4-5 years thrilled me.

After the 2nd visit (about a month later) people started saying my eyes looked whiter & generally healthier. The pain & discomfort had definitely subsided.

I just had my 3rd treatment yesterday and am waiting to see the results. Although the improvement so far is significant in terms of alleviating discomfort and helping me feel more normal, I'd welcome any further gain. I felt I had to share something that actually has helped me with others who might be suffering too. If you're interested in trying the ****** Probe, Dr. Gross is in Santa Monica, and his phone number is 310-496-3770. or www.jaygrossmd.com

gland probing

I live in the L.A. area &, after 6 years of many doctors & much suffering, I was referred to an MD in Burbank last fall who does the probing. I was discouraged when he said I was not a candidate....even though my "regular" eye doctor really thought I was. The new doctor felt I am simply too dry for probing to make a difference, even though my glands do show blockage. In other words, I have dual problems. Obviously, I am hesitant to see another doctor about the same procedure, but it does intrigue me & I am miserable. & scared. Would you say that Dr. Gross performs the probing in patients who have gland dysfunction, as well as aqueous deficiency? Thanks...Susan

Comment

Working...
    X