Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF101 and OTC-551: relevant?

Hi Rebecca, Hi All
    As you know Keratos is continously looking for innovative dry eye treatments. I came across two press releases on two substances that may, eventually, hypothetically, potentially (Neil: see well-placed pleonasms have a purpose ) someday lead to a treatment...
    I've put them in our keratos newsletter under "unknown status of future dry eye treatments"
    but bear in mind that it may as well be another press release destined to attract shareholders and nothing else.
    I already sent some mails to the laboratories involved let's see if these reply. But maybe you'd like to have try to get in touch with them yourself.
    By the way Novagali never did... they seem more keen on talking to the press than patient associations.

http://www.canfite.com/pr/2006-01-30...%20English.pdf

http://www.newspringcapital.com/docu...iation_000.pdf

Take care,
    kakinda

Originally posted by kakinda
    (Neil: see well-placed pleonasms have a purpose )
    I couldn't agree more ... especially in contrast to, say, a poorly-located neoplasm

Comment

Hi Rebecca,
      I saw you added the two new pipleline candidates above-mentioned in your newsleter. Did they reply to your mails?
      They didn't to mine (3 to date). Maybe if you you could try to see if you're luckier than I am with them?

I did have a reply from Novagali telling me I'd receive an anwser soon (how long is soon?... a month so far). I'll Keep you posted.
      Take care
      Kakinda

Comment

Hi Rebecca,
        I saw you added the two new pipleline candidates above-mentioned in your newsleter. Did they reply to your mails?
        They didn't to mine (3 to date). Maybe if you you could try to see if you're luckier than I am with them?

I did have a reply from Novagali telling me I'd receive an anwser soon (how long is soon?... a month so far). I'll Keep you posted.
        Take care
        Kakinda
        Frankly I wouldn't expect much information from them at this stage, beyond a meaningless 'yes-we-plan-on-doing-that-next-year' cloaked in PR-speak. I'll try though. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons I have all this info on the Pipeline page is to see if it's possible to smoke out some more information.

Developments are excruciatingly slow, aren't they? While Googling I came across a PDF clinical update on dry eye therapeutics - from 2002/3. Its pipeline table did not look much different from ours (androgen, rebamapide, diquafosol) except that 15-Hete and tacrolimus were still active.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

And of course,
          one could always imagine that if they are more keen on keeping on talking to their (eventual/ future) shareholders - through the press - rather than to patient associations, medical institutions or the like, it may as well be: just an annoucement destined to attract shareholders.

whatever happened to Milcin? do you know?

Take care
          Kakinda

Comment

And of course,
            one could always imagine that if they are more keen on keeping on talking to their (eventual/ future) shareholders - through the press - rather than to patient associations, medical institutions or the like,
            Well to be fair I think with all the concern about corporate governance these days they're pretty cautious about giving out info selectively.
            it may as well be: just an annoucement destined to attract shareholders.
            Yes, that's of course. Any research houses with a drug that has any remotely possible application to dry eye can be expected to liberally apply dry eye $cent to their press releases in order to get the attention of the pharmas, but I don't think they'll do that without at least some actual clinical research to justify it. I guess I'm just hoping that by listing them, we help in some small way to keep the pressure on them to actually follow it up and deliver since maybe more people (like docs... we have a lot of physicians subscribing to DEN) will see it and contact them about it.

whatever happened to Milcin? do you know?
            Nope, nothing on that in ages. Dry eye drugs don't die, they just quietly shrivel up
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
            X