This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea?

I know all of us have thought about ideas and wondered if they would help dry eye or the sensations of dry eye. Well, my dr has given me a low mg of xanax to take at night to help relax me for better sleep which helps me very much. I have noticed that when I take one and it starts relaxing me that my eyes dont seem to bother my as much. I know that xanax calms down the central nerve system but I was wondering if this could be made into drop form and be used topical and if it would help relax the eye nerves that way. We'll probly never know.

Another idea I had was for a manufacturer of moisture chamber glasses make some glasses where the protective cavity could heat up by a small battery or something. Just think how much comfort you could get off of the humidity. Also in the winter months it would help keep the eye area warmer. If your anything like me, cold air kills me. Anyway, just want to through these out there. If you have any ideas even if they are crazy and may be a dream please share them. They say necessity is the mother of invention.

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Another idea I had was for a manufacturer of moisture chamber glasses make some glasses where the protective cavity could heat up by a small battery or something. Just think how much comfort you could get off of the humidity. Also in the winter months it would help keep the eye area warmer.
    Blephasteam goggles exist. See this thread.

Comment

Those are interesting. I wonder how well they work? I'm thinking something more on the lines of wiley x type glasses that warm up. That way you could wear them around while you were out in the cold or sitting around the house on the computer or watching tv. I think that would be pretty affective.

Comment

For 1st time i realised yesterday, that some sort of eye protection when the tempreture drops or cold wind blowing helps a lot! i was outside all day 3pm till 11pm specataing a motor sport, and pain duly started as normal. You get that sinking feeling that 'im in trouble as im not at home and not gonna be for 6 hours!' i took my clear 'mountain biking' glasses (wrap arounds) put them on, and pain subsided, and stayed away!, i did notice that they steamed up once or twice due to my body heat/eyes on the inside and cold air on the outside of lens- so they do work!... Its essential to try a pair on, and get the best airtight fit expect to pay £50?/ 75$ ? for a good pair, and double that for a pair of Oakleys... If heated glasses have an adverse effect? maybe just go for the above- almost airtight, snug fit all round- mine fit that well that my eye lashes brush the lens they fit that close....

Comment

Yea, I know what you mean about being out side with the air temp low. I have a pair of wiley x sheilding sunglasses that I wear anytime I'm outside. I'm going to order a pair with clear lenses to wear at night or in the house sometimes if needed. The only minus to these is that when it's cold they don't help much for temp. I also wear dewalt concealed safty glasses at work. They are required and help me very much there. I work at an auto manufaturing plant are it gets pretty drafty in there. Some days I just have to grit my teeth and get the day over with. Cool thing is the dewalt safty glasses are only around $8 each and come in clear and indoor/outdoor tented lens.

Comment

i take xanax too-and it does help my eyes... i guess my anxiety makes them drier... it helps tho
            Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
              i take xanax too-and it does help my eyes... i guess my anxiety makes them drier... it helps tho
              Hi, just wondering if you take it daily, or just when having a really bad spell? I took it during the time my Mom was dying, the doctor told me to be careful and only take occasionally, as it was addictive, so now I'm wondering how often it can be taken, and for how long? It sure made a difference for me with my mom. I'm beginning to think strss makes it worse for me too.

Comment

Working...
              X