No announcement yet.

Humidity is all that works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing to keep in mind when we talk about humidity too is it is really the level of moisture saturation in the air that is making the difference, not just the relative humidity reading.

Warm air can hold a lot more mositure than cold. If it's 20 degrees outside and 70% humidity that is A LOT different than a 65 degree day with 70% humidity. They are night and day.

I was in Boston last weekend, right on the water. Humid but very cold and I had the worse dry eye symptoms I have EVER had to date and came back to Colorado with skin so dry it was almost turning into a rash. I was dumping drops in my eyes hourly and had the only truly physical eye pain since Lasik. My eyes are dry here in CO most of the time but I've never had worse symptoms than the 3 days in Boston.

Comment

Funny because I feel a lot better in the cold as it numbs the nerves in your eyes. This was confirmed by my ophthalmologist (jeez can they find a more difficult way to spell their name ?) when she asked me if I felt better in the cold. Perhaps they should find a way to numb those nerves ? We'll still have dry eyes, but won't feel it. I also feel better after having a few alcoholic beverages. Again, the theme is numbing the pain.

Comment

I occasionally do use my Tranquileyes goggles for a "cold treatment" when my eyes just feel inflammed and swollen and it usually provides so temporary relief. My trip to BOS was just unusual, I'm not sure what happened. Dry eye for me is a mystery as there is no correllation to anything I do and any sort of results. Good days occur for no known reason.

Comment

Working...
        X