Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for angry eyelids..so confused again??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for angry eyelids..so confused again??

I don't know what s going on but at the moment I'm trying to go with my drs advice and use microwaved eyebag compressesand occusoft lid cleaner to unblock a few of my blocked glands on my upper eyelids and rid of crustation on the lower lids. But when I try most things they get angry and dark red and swell like hell.

Surely this sounds like hypersensitivity aka rosacea

Strangely having a hot shower and using simple face wash on my face and eyelids and let the water trickle over face doesn't seem to irritate the lids much with no swelling and just minor heat related redness.

Also some of the lower eyelid was red and ***** last night after some of the crustation came off the lid and I was left with a blister spot and it was sore. So basically I need heat and a lids rub to move this crust off the lids, could I try head and shoulders shampoo possible as isn't it supposed to be good for blepharitis bacteria.

Any tips to avoid angry lids
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

hey there i just posted about my warm compress.. i used to do them and it helped no prob... i do have ocular rosacea but for the most part my eyes settled down after 20 min or so and felt better..now when i do the compress in the daytime my left eye gets so dry (it is the drier eye and ihad cautery done in august on 1 puncta) it just swells and throbs.. omg.. now i wish i would have skipped the compress til nighttime.. odly enough when i try at night it doesnt seem to irritate like in the daytime--but it could also be from not doing the compress as hot or as long at night-plus having the whole day for my eye to calm down.

every doc i have been too has told me to do the compress and heat even with the rosacea.. Dr.L is the only doc i have heard of on here who says not to do the compress or not to go hot if u have rosacea.
    i am confused too but tired of feeling this way. my gland clog up anyway.i am going to try again at night before bed and see how i do then andupon waking..

keep me posted Hyperhead on how you are doing..
    Jenny

Comment

Omg Jenny..I use to be able to do hot compresses as well and used to feel great afterwards , now my eyes have become super sensitive to just about everything ..I wonder why maybe this indicates my condition has become more severe.

I find as long as I don't actually rub the eyelids too much when massaging them everything seems to be ok...maybe it's too much friction or force that causes the swelling and redness.Jenny what method do you use to unblock the meimobiam glands.

Also I'm worried that things will get worse if I don't unblock the glands

Thanks
      "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

well i do know the times i have decided to do the compress at night that i dont feel bad afterward-maybe a little drier for like 5 minutes but then better--and wheni do it at night i am lazier..lol.. i dont press as hard (thanks for reminding me that could be a culprit) and i dont use as much heat or in actuality i only keep it on for like 5 minutes vs 10 in the morning.. i am going to experiement.. i am going to try to just do them at night-have u tried doing the compresss at night?
        I too am worried my glands will get too clogged if i cut it out cold turkey-but i think maybe an hour before i go to bed i will try and see how my eyes are in the am.. I dont like waking up and using drops and feel 1/2 normal and as soon as i do a compress my left eye kills me all day. it isnt worth it.. feel free to PM me anytime.. keep me posted on what you try andhow it works ok? thanks!
        Jenny

Comment

If you think there's any chance the hypersensitivity is from a chemical or preservative allergy (type IV hypersensitivity), read my post on the thread that starts "Crappy Ophthalmologist...". My primary problem was angry, red inner lids and a sore bump (like a chalazion) on the inner side of my lower right lid. There was a little purple/red on outer lids and crustiness and lots of trouble with strings and filaments. That's all gone now.

The way type IV hypersensitivities work is that the reaction doesn't happen until a day or two after exposure, then lasts several days. So if you use something daily or almost (a shampoo, your eye drops, etc.) that has the allergen in it, you'll be reacting constantly and can't tell that the problem is an allergic reaction.

If you're using Ocusoft pads for lid cleansing, you may want to try the foam instead even though it's harder to find. I reacted to the pads and regular Ocusoft, but not to Ocusoft Plus. You may want to experiment with different ones, if you haven't already, by using one for a week and then switching to a different one for a week, etc. I now only use saline wound wash, sprayed on cotton swabs, near the eyes for cleaning the lid area.

Comment

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3047907/
            Updates in the treatment of ocular allergies, Helsinki. Hypes, if your reactivity gets worse you need to get an ophth referral for an assessment.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

It's my left eye that is worse and i havent changed anything for years... I think it just is drier and gets more inflammed after applying heat. i dont know.. i dont use ocusoft scrubs..thanks for the replies..
              Jenny

Comment

Working...
              X