Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggie's update- BFS pain study (Fisher Wallace device and naltrexone drops)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie's update- BFS pain study (Fisher Wallace device and naltrexone drops)

What's up guys,
    Here is an update for a theard I started at the end of October.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...BFS&highlight=

The treatment he recommended were tDCS (Fisher Wallace device) and the naltrexone drops. I purchased the FW device and was using it everyday day, twice a day. I have also been using one drop of Naltrexone each day. It's been over 3 months since I have been on this regimen (although I cut down using the FW device to a few times a week after the first two months) and I can report no noticeable benefits. I am not even certain that I have neurpathic pain although Dr. Rosenthal seems to believe so. PROSE is still helping me greatly so I am forever grateful for work that the BFS continues to do.
    FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Sorry Rebecca. Could you move this to the open forum. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the update Reggie.

It is disappointing to know that the Fisher Wallace device isn't working for you.

Glad to hear the Prose lens is continuing to work well for you. I would think if the Prose lens is relieving some of your ocular discomfort, then it is not likely that you have neuralgic pain. What feedback have the docs at BFS given you in this regard?

Take care and thanks for the update.

Comment

Dr. Rosenthal strongly believes that it is neuropathic and says that my nerves are just overly sensitive, and that the bathing of the nerves from PROSE helps block some of the pain signals. Dr. Johns thought that it was MGD and Dr. Latkany from NY had the same diagnosis in 2005.

Thinking back to when I first got the dry eye in 2000, I remember contact lenses starting to stick to my eyes (although no major discomfort yet). Now why would the contact lenses all of a sudden become stuck to ones eye, unless there was a lack of tears due to decreased production or evaporation? This leads me to believe that it has nothing to do with neuropathic pain. Dr. R is much more knowledgeable that myself so I am going to keep trying what he recommends for me.

Comment

Working...
        X