Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refractive surgeries as Lasik uses UVC radiation (ultraviolet, subtype C)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refractive surgeries as Lasik uses UVC radiation (ultraviolet, subtype C)

Did you know this? I didn't know this.

I did not do Lasik, but I had an accident with UVC germicidal lamp. Next day I woke up with drastic reduction of eye boogers. The first 4 days I did not have any symptoms, beyond the reduction of eye boogers. Gradually were appearing symptoms such as dry eye and photophobia.

For many reasons I associate my accident (UVC germicidal lamp) with Lasik. I found a very interesting thing that I already suspected, but i could not find this information explicitly. The Lasik and other refractive surgery using excimer laser, which is a laser with 193 nm wavelength,i.e.,ultraviolet laser type C (UVC). UVC (wavelength range: 280 – 100 nm) can cause mutation of cells and other things that perhaps only God knows!

I.e., my thinking was right about UVC and lasik!

It seems that researchers are testing to use other frequencies less dangerous. We know that any laser is potentially dangerous to vision, including those of visible light that children play. There are cases that the excimer laser burned the retina.

hugs

sorry my english

UVC is MUTAGÊNIC!!!!!!!! This can to be the true problem!!!!
    Last edited by cvowr; 03-Mar-2012, 16:05.

Comment

Fortschr Ophthalmol 1991;88(4):377-9
      [Induction of chromosome aberrations in human lymphocytes as a model for evaluating the mutagenic effect of excimer laser irradiation in ophthalmology].
      Forster W, Emmerich KH, Busse H, Scheid W, Weber J, Traut H. Universitats-Augenklinik, Munster, Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

A model for testing the mutagenicity of excimer laser radiation in ophthalmology is presented. In contrast to other studies using cell monolayers, in our study with this model human peripheral lymphocytes (heparinized whole blood) are exposed to laser irradiation at different conditions. The possible mutagenicity of secondary radiation after exposure of the cornea is also considered. The heparinized blood is either injected into the anterior chamber of an enucleated bovine eye or filled into a quartz chamber (positive control). After irradiation the lymphocytes are stimulated and fixed during metaphase, after which the metaphases are scored for chromatid and chromosome aberrations. In the positive control group, exposure to 248 nm excimer laser radiation (500 J, 277 mJ/cm2, 10 and 20 Hz) was followed by a highly significant increase in the yield of chromatid aberrations (chromatid breaks and achromatic lesions).

search more in the web...

Comment

Working...
      X