X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas...

Update:

Hi to all my dry eye peeps.....you so rock!

Today I have been shopping... and experimenting with...... you guessed it... Saag's rice baggy making idea thingy. Anyway, so i found these mesh cloth type sunglasses holder case bag thingy and it has strings on the end and filled it up with rice like Saag advised and well tied the ends together after filling it as much as desired and microwaved it for less than a minute and boy its fab!! Highly recommend it.

Secondly, I was browsing some shoes as we women do and oh i had an idea (bear with me here as this is all at the experimental stage atm) and saw those heel silicone cushion pad things for shoes/heels and they come in packs of two. So I bought a pack and took it home and left one in cold water for a few minutes and the other in lukewarm water and placed them on the eyes and......... i must say they work pretty well as soothing eye pads, and you can place them in water of any temperature again and again to reuse.

Just an idea for those who dont have lots of cash to throw away. Hope it helps someone and hope others will post their little tips and ideas here also for others suffering from dry eyes.

Chin up everyone and keep smiling!

Hiya Jenn! A cheaper option is Cucumber slices and they dont need placing in water first. The water in cucumbers has soothing properties, pharmacutrical (that wont be spelt right!) compaines try and mimick it's properties and sell it bottled. 2x slices will be good for 20mins, before your body heat warms the actual slices..

Comment

@Colin -True. Although the silicone pads can also be put in the fridge as a cold compress. Our ideas, like LM says may help someone in the long run or they may suggest something better or improve our suggestions.

Comment

Exactly Jenn!...

Comment

Working...
        X