X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM BACK!!..Update on progress!!

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay as I have been so busy.

Right where shall I start? Ok I saw chris Gorman optholomogist at spire hospital and paid £140 to be told to continue eyelid hygiene with baby shampoo to degrease the eyelids and use flaxseed oil, he was a nice guy and mentioned I had a few blocked glands and mild blepharitis and said my tear film wasn't to bad.He was even nice enough to pop one of the blocked glands

He mentioned I didn't need steroids or antibiotics but stated if things got bad to contact him ..for £140 per hour I don't think so

As of now things are ok..I have suddenly developed a flare up accompanied by intense tiredness

Also I have noticed a very red patch inside my upper eyelid and where the patch is the eyelid margin beneath looks raw and the gland orifices aren't white but very red and rough looking ..it looks like the gland orifices have dissapeared ..best way to describe it ..it looks like a cut on my eyelid margin:confused
    :

Thanks and so nice to be back
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Heres a picture of the broken skin on my eyelid margins, also i must state i havent been able to do heat compresses to unblock the meimobiam glands due to the heat causing inflammation but thank god i have been able to sucessfully remove some of the eyelid crusts just using ocusoft or baby shampoo and a cotton swab

Excuse my fingernails as i use them to scrape off the stubborn crusts and scales

"Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Hi Hype,

Wow your eyes are looking pretty good and a little sore inside the top lids. I agree the £140 an hour is pretty steep to be told not much can be done apart from the usual advice of compresses, cleaning and tablets/drops etc. My opth discharged me last week saying she refuses to give any more appointments as i have to learn to manage my eyes myself (I have been, ugh!!!). Thats the NHS for you! Still, I am managing ok thus far.

Comment

Working...
      X