Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this? (Graphic picture included) Really need some input

First i will explain the symptoms:

Have periods where i can feel that the outside corner of my left eye is itchy. It is usually minor but can get more and more itchy. Recently both my eyes have been quite itchy and uncomfortable, this tends to be more in the evening but can sometimes be in the afternoon, usually mornings are fine. It doesnt seem to matter which house i am in, though im not entirely sure as i havnt stayed away from home for a while for a long enough period to judge.

Anyway, how the below picture was taken: This evening, both eyelids felt itchy, particularly the left, i eventually gave in and rubbed it for a few seconds, quite firmly. I then almost immediately felt a bump every time i blinked which was painful. Decided to take a photo so i can see for myself what is going on under there.

Now, ive been to two experts, one said it could be blepharitis, but more likely seasonal conjunctivitis. Another expert said it is likely an allergy, but to what she doesnt know.

I went to the doctor who gave me opatanol anti allergy eyedrops which to be quite honest in about 4 weeks of use have done nothing whatsoever to stop the itching.

Any opinions at all would be appreciated. I do have random flair ups of this in the past, but never reached a conclusion as to what it is.

bump.................................

Comment

I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you more than the doctors who saw it 'real time'... sorry.

You don't wear contacts do you? Only reason I ask is, I remember once having 2 doctors in the room with me who had quite different opinions about a sort of GPC thing going on on the underside of my left lid.

If it were me and the allergy drops weren't helping I might do cold compresses and maybe a homeopathic allergy drop like similasan. When I get the urge to itch, I do a saline rinse (Unisol 4) instead.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

yes i do wear contacts, just thought someone may have had the same symptoms before...

Comment

I'd ask the dr about GPC giant papillary conjunctivitis. then (it's associated specifically with contact lens wear).
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

If the 'bump' was on the outside of the eyelid it sure looks like the back-up of a blocked gland, they are not uncommon i had one once (on the outside of lid obviously) and ended up popping it with a pin, DO-NOT TRY AND COPY THAT PROCEDURE KIDS..!!!.. Perhaps they do sometimes appear on inside of lid as well as outside?.
            My daughter has had one also, and was given cream to rub on.. Can't think of the bloomin name for them now??...

Oh, and i would not make a habit of lifting your lid off your eye, and try to avoid taking close-up pictures of your actual eye also...

Comment

Why should i avoid pulling the lid and taking close up pictures?
              Also the bump was on the inside of the lid, i dont think i have ever had one on the outside, but the lid does go swollen when it hurts.

Comment

the eyelid is also itchy, the bump has gone down now but they itch like hell, any idea what this could be?

Comment

Working...
                X