X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random questions

Hi

I'll post an update from me about my latest progress shortly, but just wanted to ask a few random questions - hope someone can help.
    - After doing my 10 minute warm compresses (with an eyebag), I do eyelid cleaning with a cotton bud and blephasol. When doing this, I sometimes hear popping noises (and feel a small popping sensation) when running the cotton bud over the base of the upper eyelashes. Does anyone else get this and does anyone know what it could be?
    - I'm trying to identify what foods / drinks may or may not be helping. Aside from allergic reactions (which would happen very quickly), how long does it roughly take for ingesting a problem food, to experiencing a worsening of symptoms. Eg on one weekend, I had a takeaway curry on a Saturday night and had worse eye symptoms the following day - does that tally?
    - I think I have trouble with relaxing my eyes. I'm just so aware of my eyes and how they are feeling, that I feel like blinking isn't becoming unconscious at times. Then I'll blink a few times in short succession and feel like my eyes are getting progressively gritty. So I think I just need to do some relaxation exercises to help the eyes - does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Dave

Re: Food
    Depending on the severity of your sensitivity, the onset of symptoms could be quick or take quite a while. Both the naturopath and the allergist that I saw, recommended going a full 90 days without consuming the potentially problematic food. Apparently, inflammation and damage caused by the allergen can take that long to go away and if you consume the offending food during that time, you stop the healing. Day to day symptoms can be influenced by many things: Air quality, breezes or artificial air movement (a/c, fans, etc), humidity, how much sleep you get and so much more so it's hard to tell if your curry may have had an impact or not based on that one meal. I'm sorry my answer isn't more definitive. Unfortunately, it seems that very little about dry eye disease is easily diagnosable.

Comment

Working...
    X