No announcement yet.

New OD and sad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks but I'm not out of the woods yet. Still have bad eye days like today but think things are getting better overall. Just need to make sure that I don't get complacent about things and monitor my PC and gaming time.

Comment

Bianca,

I want to echo what robster said. You still have much time for healing. I'm at 7 months post PRK and am just now beginning to see bits of improvement. For me every step in the healing process has been slow. My vision was terrible after the PRK. They said it would sharpen up in two weeks. Well, it took six weeks. I had PRK induced astigmatism that they said would resolve in one month. It resolved in three months. I was told my dry eye would get better in about 6 months. Given that the first two things took 3x longer than what they said, I'm thinking it could be an 18 month process. At least that's my hope.

I see your new doc gave you Alrex. I got that as well, coupled with FreshKote, and noticed improvement with that combo. Not miraculous healing, but improvement, and even a little bit of improvement is something! I also use a Thermalon moist heat mask first thing in the morning and right before bed which also seems to help, but at the very least feels very good!

Hang in there and try to stay positive! I believe very much in the healing power of the human mind as well.

Comment

Working...
      X