Update on my eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my eyes

Hello everyone, sorry it's been so long I've posted, been dealing with a lot. Just to let you all know your still in my thoughts and prayers. My eyes have not improved, still on the Restasis, still have the strings in my eyes and eyes are still extremely dry. I'm trying to keep positive and just live with it. I hope everyone is dealing or doing okay. Ciao for now D.

Hi Delilah,
    I'm glad to see you stop by. Sorry things are still tough going.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi Delilah. It's good to see you again. I'm sure all that dry, hot weather coupled with the air conditioning is not helping your eyes at all. Are you running a humidifier?
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Well I need to start running the humidifier again, I sort of just gave up, Im just really down due to a back injury, failing my social work board exam for the second time and having no luck with my eyes. And for everyone that was so happy I quit smoking I started again It just seemed after I quit for 4 months my eyes weren't getting any better anyway's but still I know it's bad and I have to quit again. Life is tough folks, hopefully one day we will all have a cure to our ailements. Anywho thanks again everyone for being so supportive. Nighty night D

Comment

Hoping

Hi Delilah et all:Just a post to say that I am not having any luck with my dry eyes either. The Dwella and Dakrina drops seem to work for a couple of days, then suddenly, it's back to the same old dry irritated red eyes. I have ordered some Vismed from England, but at this point do not feel too optimistic about any drop since I have tried all with no significant results. I have quit the steroid out of fear of causing myself more damage, but it was the only thing that helped. My routine is putting ointment in several times during the
          night, and even with that, I feel the tears running out of my eyes, therefore keeps me awake all night. Sleep a little here and there. Then warm compresses plus ointment throughout the day. Hardly leave the house. My husband runs all the errands while I lay down with my hot compresses. Ugh' Went to visit someone the other day, and was feeling like I needed to go home, and could not enjoy the outing because of the burning and scratchiness.People will make comments like "Why are your eyes so red?Dah. One encouraging thought is that I talked to someone at the Boston Foundation, and he felt that I was definitely a candidate for the sclerals. However, I need a report from my eye doctor. Made the appointment, but can't get in to see him for two months.The person I talked to at the foundation was very nice and informative. He feels I qualify for the sclerals. He also said it is $7,600, but not to worry that. They are a non profit organization, and said they even have places for you to stay free of charge .
          I am really interested in pursuing that avenue.Will let everyone know if Vismed helps. Regards

Comment

So Sorry

I am so sorry your suffering so badly, I know how it is when you don't want to go anywhere because everytime you turn around your messing with your eyes. Have you tried the Restasis? I am going to be buying some more of the Castor Oil eye drops from the compound pharmacy, they seemed to help for awhile, maybe you should try those? Also I never really got any relief with the humidifier, but it's always an option. Im giving the Restasis until the end of the year and if it doesn't seem to help anymore than what it may be helping Im going to just give up on it. Were you talking about the amniotic membrane transplant? If so Dr. Tseng is really good, I wish I could go see him but I don't have the money to fly all the way from Idaho to Miami, so I have to wait, try to be patient and just hope one day I'll wake up without dry eye and mucus strings bugging me to death. Also try some preservative free eye drops, those seem to really help me. God Bless D

Comment

Delilah: I was talking about the scleral lenses with the
              www.BostonFoundationforsight.org Look at the thread on sclerals. I am anxiois to receive the Vismed and will report on it. It is also a preservative free eye drops supposedly with better results. Keeping my fingers crossed. Regards

Comment

Working...
              X