Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Green things/rankings-profile username.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Green things/rankings-profile username.....

How do you go about getting another one of them Green Things under your user name . Is it like gaining 5 stars at Mcdonalds?.
    I've only the 1 at the moment so my rank is 'Positive reputation',(i take your drive-through orders) where as Rebecca has a load of them which makes her a Veteran apparantly(gets to serve burgers) ...

Colin, I confess, I jury-rigged all moderators including me to 10 green bars so that we could pile on the bacon and onions.

For everyone else:

Look at the light blue bar at the bottom of each post - where it says "Promote to Article", "Blog This Post" etc. There's a star icon there too. Click on it and it lets you approve or disapprove of a person's post. Each time you approve of someone's post, it adds to their reputation. The higher your reputation (a mysterious number stored in a database somewhere or other) gets, more little green bars start appearing.

So theoretically it's a consensus opinion of your cumulative value to the community. In practice, well, the board's been around since 2005 and I only switched on that feature, hm, some months ago, plus probably most readers forget about it most of the time - just like me sad to say! So the reputations haven't yet had much chance to grow...

Personally... on the occasions when I remember it... I add to people's reputation when they post something very informative or have been very supportive or helpful.

How do you go about getting another one of them Green Things under your user name?
    Probably the best way (other than being nice ) is to periodically bump this thread up to the top to remind people.

p.s. Ha, I just bumped you up to 2 See what you get for asking.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

..YES !!!.. 2x bars...............................

How funny would that be, if this time next month i had 11 bars!... .

Or would 'The Managemant' curtail this...

Comment

LOL never even noticed them at the bottom of the posts until now!

Comment

Working...
        X