Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giant papillary conjunctivitis and LASIK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant papillary conjunctivitis and LASIK?

I just got back from my LASIK center. I told them I have a lot of irritation around my lid margin. The doctor looked under my lid and said I have tiny bumps which he called papillary conjunctivitis. Has any one ever heard of this associated with LASIK? He said this could be causing a lot of my discomfort. Can this be resolved easily? The doc said it usually shows up with contact wearers. Is this nightmare ever going to end?
    Bianca
    Lasik victim 2012

Allergies mostly cause papillary conjuntivitis. I would try and use an otc allergy drop and see if that helps. Look up (papillary conjuntivitis and allergies) on the computer. As far as contact lens wearers, it is common because the contact is a foreign object in the eye causing a slight but yet chronic allergic reaction.

Comment

Joseph,
      Thank you for responding. The doc put me back on prednislone. He said I would need to use it for about a month. I go back next week for a check up. I know this is not going to cure my post lasik dry, burning eyes, but the drops have made my lids feel somewhat better. This is really a mess. I wish I could go to sleep and wake up when all of this is over.
      Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Working...
      X