Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciation for OSDI

Hi,

Progress! I wanted to express my sincere appreciation for the ocular surface disease index (OSDI) survey posted by Rebecca on this site.

I have been seeing my ophthalmologist regularly since March and nothing I said about dry eye seemed to result in help with my treatment.

Last visit I delivered the printed OSDI which scored my dry eyes at 87 (out of 100). The doctor was immediately interested and said this required some homework to help me! I hope the next visit will yield alternative solutions.

Hooray! I am so thankful to have found this tool. Thank you!

On the bottom of the form I added a list of all the things I'm currently doing/using to help with the dry eye so my doc would know that as well. Hope to have some progress to report soon.

Blinks

Where can I find the survey??

Comment

Originally posted by vivian3090 View Post
      Where can I find the survey??
      Here's the OSDI in PDF format.

Blinks, thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm really glad to hear it. Really a good example of how finding a way to speak the doctor's own language pays off. I've got a few other tips along those lines in the 'bridge the communication gap' section of my article on getting better care.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
        Thank you Rebecca!!

Comment

Working...
        X