Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye lid Twitching or pulling after warm compress and massage anyone get this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye lid Twitching or pulling after warm compress and massage anyone get this?

Strange but ive had this occur before...sometimes after a shower and gland expression/massage i get a twitch or pulling sensation in my eyelid and it pulls my eyelid to the side towards my temples, it only happens if i blink my eye quite hard for instance when i sneeze or yawn.

I think it occurs more when im more agressive or spend longer massaging the lids to express oils after a shower, i remember littlemermaid saying something about delicate nerves and glands in the eyelids? Im wondering could i be doing damage the delicate internals of eyellids by massaging to firmly or incorrectly?
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

I have had eye twitching - and it has happened after i have done the "daily treatment" AND before I knew I had dry eye. It seems to be the eyelid telling you that it is stressed. I know - not a big help - but if my eyes are having a good day - they don't twitch.
    Eileen

Comment

Hi eileen

I completely agree with what you said about the eyelids being stressed...do you think that the lid massaging causes this stress?

Mario
      "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Difficult to determine what starts the twitching and what stresses the lids - it seems to defy logic! I've had blocked glands - red eyes - no twitching, come to think of it - maybe the lids twitch when it is a "new" state - if the glands are just starting to get blocked, or after the daily treatment and we've been pushing at the lid lash line to try to unblock the glands.
        Eileen

Comment

Working...
        X