Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelid Veins & Lash Line Bump?

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anyone gets red veins on their eyelids like I do and also a lump type bruise near your upper eyelashes on the lids? I wonder if its blocked glands or hair follicles or the beginning of a chalazion? Anyone have any ideas? I guess I should be doing warm compresses but trying to limit them.

I recently discovered an ingrown eyelash on my left upper lid. It looked like this except mine didn't protrude as much http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...9QEwBA&dur=422.

It freaked me out... but it was obvious what it was. I went to my doctor and he made a little hole at the base and used a surgical-type pin to pull it out (all done w/o numbing/anesthetic). Then he plucked the lash. I didn't find it painful.

Anyway, I had been having a lot of tics/twitches in that eyelid for a couple of months prior. But I never looked in my 20x mirror until recently when I saw it. I figure this lash had been causing all the tics/twitches so now I'm clued in!

So, perhaps take a good look at the area with a strong magnification mirror. It could be a chalazion but I've never had one that looked like a bruise. My chalazions have always just looked like a bump. One I had took about a year to go down (it never got cherry-sized or infected tho).

Also make sure your doctor sees it. Monitor it and keep the area clean (but don't over-do the cleaning). A lot of people find warm compresses help avoid/clear up blocked glands and chalazions.

Good luck.

Comment

I definitely have plenty of red veins on my eyelids! Also telenganctasia (sp!?) of the lid margins. But no lumps, luckily. I would have thought warm compresses would be good for helping against blocked glands... why are you trying to limit them? Is it because of increased inflammation?

Comment

Originally posted by unicorn View Post
        I definitely have plenty of red veins on my eyelids! Also telenganctasia (sp!?) of the lid margins. But no lumps, luckily. I would have thought warm compresses would be good for helping against blocked glands... why are you trying to limit them? Is it because of increased inflammation?
        Hi, yes, like others I find the warm compresses irritate the skin around the eyes and so I am thinking of trying something like the Blephasteam instead. I saw the opthamologist and he just mentioned blocked glands. I wonder if taking arnica supplements or cream may be useful for eyelid irritation?

Comment

@Spmcc - I need to get one of those mirrors! I dread to think what I may find on my lids and in the lashes...... its a jungle in there!

Comment

Jenn1, Blephasteam is great, I use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn1 View Post
              @Spmcc - I need to get one of those mirrors! I dread to think what I may find on my lids and in the lashes...... its a jungle in there!
              I know what you mean! I don't "over-use" my mirror which is why I missed the LONG lash growing completely under the skin for so long! So, I'm thinking I should use it a tad more than before! But it is useful - just try not to get too obsessed with the jungle!

Comment

SPMCC

I have had an in growing eyelash just like that. I am a bit too obsessed with the 'jungle'.

Comment

/////////////////////
                  Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:30.

Comment

Working...
                  X