Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about mini sclerals with vision correction

Hi,

I am interested in mini sclerals, mainly because I would like to wear contact lenses again. I have myopia of -5.5 in both eyes with very low astigmatism. My dry eye is not as terrible as it once was- I manage ok with just drops at the moment.

I recently tried mini sclerals at an opthalmologists office, and found them comfortable- much more than I had expected. It was a relief to not think about eyedrops while I had them in. However I had a bit of trouble with the vision correction part of things.. I didn't really feel confident in the sclerals' ability to correct my vision..
    Some reasons the doctor gave were that I was looking through the optometrist spectacles, and that when the correction was in the lens it would be a lot better. Also because the air conditioning was running, this could have dried the lenses a bit and affected the vision quality.

I would really appreciate if scleral wearers with myopic correction could please let me know:
    - what your prescription is
    -how you are finding your vision (close and far) whilst wearing your sclerals.

Thanks very much

Maria
Working...
X