Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would my osmolarity get worse all of a sudden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would my osmolarity get worse all of a sudden?

I've been having tear lab osmolarity tests for slightly over a year and, all the while, my numbers were improving. I've not changed my routine but, all of a sudden, my osmolarity improvement went backward. My eyes feel worse lately and I have no idea why. My optho said it's ok, but offered no explanation for why I'm moving backwards. I'm currently using Theratears and Blink, along with azasite every few days. If theratears and blink are good for my osmolarity are there other drops I can try that are not too high in salt content? My eyes feel like the lids are sticking to them when I wake up in the morning and throughout the day they hurt and irritate me like crazy. thanks for any help.

The osmolarity test could have been affected by the environment that day. Issues that could affect the outcome: Air moving in room that test was taken in; on other days how soon had a drop been administered before the test; humidity in the room different than previous days; a flare up in a systemic issue that may be contributing to the dry eye issue; the time a systemic med was taken for other issues that may contribute to dry eyes, etc.

Typically when a person wakes up with with stickiness it is related to blepharitis (cornea in contact with inflamed lids all night) and/or lids not being completely closed at night (especially with ceiling fans) and a dry line forming across the cornea. A super slow motion video of the lids can show if lids close completely.

Comment

Working...
    X