Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Development of a new product for DES treatment - your opinion counts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development of a new product for DES treatment - your opinion counts!

Hi!

I am an industrial design student, and my current project (master thesis) consists in developing a new medical device for MGD treatment.
    This is a real world project, sponsored by an ophthalmologist, that will lead to the release to market of actual product.

Your experience of dry eyes would be very useful to me. A good understanding of your treatment habits, needs and expectations is capital to design a device that is convenient to use.
    The following questionnaire should not take long to fill in (approx. 5 min) and is an opportunity to influence the design of an innovative treatment for your eyes!

The questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZGE0Z2k3YXc6MQ

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation.
    If you face a problem when filling the questionnaire, please do not hesitate to make me aware of it!

Please note:
    - this questionnaire is entirely anonymous
    - none of the questions is compulsory (if you feel uncomfortable with a question, skip it)
    - it was approved by my university ethics committee
    - the resulting statistics might be published in an academic journal

8 answers so far, thank you for those who filled in the form.
    There are some very interesting answers and insights. Now I start to understand why what's in the market is not satisfactory, and I got a couple of ideas of alternative products that might be helpful.
    I will post the concepts later on this thread to know your opinion on them. I don't want to post that too soon because it would introduce bias in the form...
    ... so, if you haven't done it yet, please fill the form!

Thank you again

PS: You have to go through the entire questionnaire and click the submit button, otherwise answers are not saved.

Comment

The survey is very quick & easy - I would encourage all of you to participate. I love seeing opportunities for real live *serious* dry eye patients to give input directly to those developing treatments.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Bumping thread. Ditto Rebecca. Easy & quick, anonymous survey. The more scientists know about our needs, the better they will be able to provide solutions for us.

Comment

Thank you for your support Potatocakes!
          112 respondents in total so far, that becomes very helpful.
          I already built some temporary statistics and some encouraging patterns/trends are appearing.

If you read this and have not answered yet, here is the way to go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZGE0Z2k3YXc6MQ !
          Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X