No announcement yet.

So confused about my condition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would seem that using steroid drops on really bad flare up days and for the odd night on the town is not in the same category as using them multiple times a day, day in and day out. If you feel you must use them on a continuing basis I would hope for your safety that you do so only under medical supervision and get regular followup testing for steroid induced glaucoma or cataracts....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
      I would seem that using steroid drops on really bad flare up days and for the odd night on the town is not in the same category as using them multiple times a day, day in and day out. If you feel you must use them on a continuing basis I would hope for your safety that you do so only under medical supervision and get regular followup testing for steroid induced glaucoma or cataracts....F/G
      Yeah either way I choose my dr. will be monitering my eye pressure. I am just still holding on to hope the the serum drops will help with things in the long run and that it is just taking some time! But if I have evaporative dry eye, then does that even help? (serum drops) I just can't find good info on anything I want to...I don't know where to look. I ususally just look on here!

It's just a pain not knowing

Comment

Vivian, it might me be worth trying some vitamin c for your inflammation and see if that helps. I'm not saying it will, but being it's cheap and easy to use etc, could be worth a go! I've used it in the past and I recall it really helping.

It's a good anti ox, anti viral, anti histamine. You need to take a powered type preferably and around 3000 mg a day
        Jamie

Comment

Vivian, Can you wear sealed goggles in the lab? Is the environment making things worse? We are finding that if we protect the eye surface as much as possible by avoiding stressing it, things heal better during remission.

We use PF steroid in pulse therapy in flareup, reduce in approx 1 week steps, and maintain in remission on an amazing 2/week. But can't manage totally without.

I read it's the length of time we use steroid that predicts cataracts rather than the blitzing in flareup, but sometimes research results are pretty random, as we know, and useful assessment of that would take a lifetime - unless anyone has any more useful data?
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
            Vivian, Can you wear sealed goggles in the lab? Is the environment making things worse? We are finding that if we protect the eye surface as much as possible by avoiding stressing it, things heal better during remission.
            I'm working on getting sealed googles/mositure chambers. I feel that the enviroment of the lab does tend to make my eyes worse. A co - worker ALWAYS has her fan on (even when its 68 degrees in the lab) and it sometimes blows my way, and she's a bit rude and I will ask her to move it around, and she DOES but it alwasy seems to move back to its original spot blowing on me.

My boyfriend got me some Dewalt foam glasses, but they won't work b/c they have holes in the foam.

But yet again on weekends I do work, my eyes still get a red and feel drier and fatigued in the evening, although not as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jads View Post
              Vivian, it might me be worth trying some vitamin c for your inflammation and see if that helps. I'm not saying it will, but being it's cheap and easy to use etc, could be worth a go! I've used it in the past and I recall it really helping.

It's a good anti ox, anti viral, anti histamine. You need to take a powered type preferably and around 3000 mg a day
              I will def. look into this, thank you!

Comment

Vivian, I ordered these and will get them next week. There is a really good seal and they (sort of) look like regular glasses when you try them on. If you have longish hair, they may not even be that noticeable.

I ordered them as a try on with regular lenses and then sent them back for a prescription. They can do the transition lenses also so they double as regular glasses and shades.

Ignore the goofy rose colored lenses and imagine with clear. I got the bronze so that at maybe three feet or so away they would look like regular glasses.

AND I have a really small face/head, so this works. Order the dry eye cup as the accessory also.

http://www.sporteyes.biz/Dry-Eye-Syn...ider-p284.html

Comment

Working...
                X