Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Know of any Natural Anti-Inflammation Treatments?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Know of any Natural Anti-Inflammation Treatments?

Hi everyone,

First, I just want to express how much I appreciate people answering my questions recently. Its been a very big help to me, and it allows me to explore my options for treating my meibomian gland dysfunction.

Now for today's question:

I have recently been using Lotemax (a steroid eye drop) to control inflammation, and a few weeks ago I had some of the best days I've had in the past 5 years because of it. However, because it is not safe to take long term, I had to stop. So what I am starting to think is that I have chronic inflammation, and I need to find something to help me control it that I can use for an indefinite period of time without risking damage to my eyes. So my question then is, does anyone know of a natural anti-inflammatory drug/herb/eye drop/oil/ etc. etc. that I could take? Also, if you have any personal experience having used this treatment, could you please tell me about it?

Thank you

Originally posted by Tankie View Post
    Hi everyone,

First, I just want to express how much I appreciate people answering my questions recently. Its been a very big help to me, and it allows me to explore my options for treating my meibomian gland dysfunction.

Now for today's question:

I have recently been using Lotemax (a steroid eye drop) to control inflammation, and a few weeks ago I had some of the best days I've had in the past 5 years because of it. However, because it is not safe to take long term, I had to stop. So what I am starting to think is that I have chronic inflammation, and I need to find something to help me control it that I can use for an indefinite period of time without risking damage to my eyes. So my question then is, does anyone know of a natural anti-inflammatory drug/herb/eye drop/oil/ etc. etc. that I could take? Also, if you have any personal experience having used this treatment, could you please tell me about it?

Thank you

just follow this link

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...4721#post74721

This is no drug plugs drops maybe only raw fruits nuts no dailry(cheese milk curd yourgort ghee buttermilk no tea no coffee) no fried items

It is just your food, drinks and exercise
    Raw eating cures all deceases.
    whole body cure is eye cure
    FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

Vitamin E is a mild inflammation-reducer.

Comment

Hi Tank,
        There are lists of anti-inflammatory foods on the internet, but if you have Ocular Rosacea, that changes the game plan. I take Bilberry, and the usual fish oil-omegas and find that my eyes do better on chicken, broccoli, raw carrots, cucumber, and fresh blueberries. Other foods are OK as well, but these are at the top of the list. I don't drink milk, but use an almond and coconut milk blend. Olive oil, and some butter is OK, but the soft butter in a tub does bad stuff to my skin and eyes, and anything full of preservatives is a no-no. You are quite a bit younger than I, so you might be able to tolerate a greater variety of foods, but I have given up drinking fruit juice completely. It is really hit and miss. I've also noticed that when I use a warm rice baggie on my eyes, the inflammation really abates; at least for awhile. Good luck. I don't have it all figured out yet, but am doing better.

Comment

Thx for the advice folks I'll think about what you've all said

Comment

Hey Tank,

as mentioned there should be plenty of resources on the internet discussing great inflammation reducers like fish oils and a few other standard ones. I really recommend a couple of perhaps lesser known natural substances like Curcumin and Resveratrol. Both are well documented in studies to be potent anti inflamms.

Good luck.
            Jamie

Comment

Working...
            X