Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! After seeing two optometrists, I still don't know what's wrong

Hey guys, new here!

So, 6-7 months ago, I noticed that there was a small black speck on the nasal side of my right eye. It's very small, the size of a grain of sand (if not smaller). This speck is clearly irritated, especially when my eyes are red. It hurts noticeably worse than everywhere else on my eye. Initially, I thought that it was a small piece of dirt or something that had become embedded in my eye, but now I really don't know. I tried rinsing it out, to no avail.

This thing is irritating. I've suffered from red eye my entire life, and I know the pain well. This area on my eye is new, and it hurts more than anywhere else on my eyes. It's sort of a sharp pain, not unbearable but DEFINITELY annoying. It does not always hurt, but when it does, it's obviously coming from where this spot is located. It hurts worse when my eyes are red.

So I decided to see an optometrist about it. The first guy I saw could not even see it (even though I've asked a few people if they could see it, and they could). He diagnosed me with red eye, prescribed fluorometholone and another homeopathic eye drop, along with directions to use a hot compress everyday and to press down on my eyelids with a q-tip. I admit, I was not very consistent with the hot compress, but I took the drops as prescribed (x4 for 2 weeks, x2 for 2 weeks). It helped my dry eye a bit, but here's the problem:

My eyesight is getting worse! I used to have 20/15 in both eyes, and after 2 weeks of the drops, they dropped slightly to 20/17. The doc said to keep taking the drops anyways, so I did. After another two weeks, I was down to 20/20! WTF? I know it's still good vision, but it's still concerning! Last time I saw him, he FINALLY spotted the thing in my eye. He did not know what it was.

Suffice to say, I stopped seeing him and looked for a new optometrist. I found one, and went to see him recently. He was able to spot the speck in my eye! I believe he called it a perforation, and said it was nothing to worry about. He also diagnosed me with Blepharitis, gave me some artificial tears (Refresh), and instructed me to hot compress and to press down firmly on my eyelids, where my lashes are, for ten seconds in order to "drain" the oil. I've been doing this religiously since, even though I feel very uncomfortable pressing down on my eyes. I feel like it could be damaging.

ANYWAYS! I'm still not satisfied! That little speck on my eye still hurts! I did some brief research on eye perforations, and apparently... IT IS something to worry about! I know something is wrong!

Here are the facts:

-Small spot on nasal side of my right eye

-Right eye is less acute than left eye

-Right eye is more easily irritated than left eye

-Irritation occurs most intensely on nasal side of right eye, where the spot is located

-Over the last month and a half of treatment, my vision has gone from 20/15 to 20/20

-The little speck literally hurts at this very moment. Left eye feels fine!

Please ask if you need any more information to help me out!

Whats going on?! What should I do about this? And why is my eyesight getting worse?!!?!?

Perhaps he said it was a Pterygium? I agree a perforation is an emergency, I'm sure he meant something else...

Comment

Working...
    X