I need some advice on something very important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice on something very important

I have now had about 4 doctors recommend a mast cell stablizer (allergy drops). These doctors were at BFS, Dr. Latkley in NY (spellling), Dr. G, and the MERCI clinic. They all said it would be fine to use them forever. When I looked at the side effects of the allergy drop sample given to me by BFS it listed dry eye. I mean what the heck? I pointed it out to the doctor and she responded we don't really know what dry eye is we are still trying to figure it out. It was an honest answer and I did like that Dr at BFS. But, after reading posts about BAK, and consistent use of prescription eye drops not being good for you (aside from restasis), I am concerned. I did find a compounding pharmacy that will do an allergy drop, cromolyn, preservative free. It is a reputable pharmacy. Does anyone know about consistent use of an allergy drop being ok and safe? I have 0 schirmer scores and I am young so scary. For 3 years my eyes didn't hurt but felt weird. No doctor did a schirmer test during that time. They just would increase my prescription and recommend laisk. I am not kidding. I didn't do it. This was while in DC. I have been dealing with side effects of medications and really try to educate myself on what doctors say before I do it. I have an appointment at mass eye and ear Friday and will ask them again but your experiences, opinion, thoughts are helpful. You know how scary it is and what living with side effects that may never go away is like. The doctors don't seem to.

I'm no expert here, but BAK sends me over the edge. I am VERY sensitive to it, whereas I never was when I initially started using eyedrops with BAK. If you can find a compounding pharmacy that will do an allergy drop for you, I think you're wise to go that direction.

Comment

Working...
    X