Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doc or other professional opinion on GLA or Borage oil w/ fish oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doc or other professional opinion on GLA or Borage oil w/ fish oil?

i have mgd with sjogrens.. My eye doc has me on pharmaceutical recommended fish oil-tryclyderide formula. i take about 4000mg a day.. he said not to take GLA or any omega 6 even tho i read about the benefits of omega 6 for dry eye.

i would loveto have another professional opinion re: GLA?? my doc says it will compete iwth the omega 3 in fish oil but everything i read says it will block the inflammatory response and GLA is good with fish oil/

can anyone help me please?? my glands are always clogged even with thefish oil, getting them expressed monthly and taking doxycyline and restasis.. and now blood serum..

thanks!!!
    Jenny

I'm not a doctor, but for the past couple of weeks I've been taking a supplement called "Fish, Flax Seed and Borage Oil" made by Spring Valley. It has Omega 3, 6, and 9 all in one capsule. I take two per day. I also take a MegaRed Krill Oil capsule, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E.

Since starting this "recipe" there has been improvement in my dry eye. Not a complete resolution (yet!), but clear progress. Also, my eyes were red and veiny and this has diminished greatly.

Take that for what it's worth, but I'm going to stick with this for awhile to see how far it takes me.

Comment

Working...
    X