Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some obvious problems that we are facing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some obvious problems that we are facing...

hey guys, after 1 month of abstinence from facebook, computer, tv, I couldnt resist today. I need tips from guys like you who even healed from dry eye. How do you guys manage your lives with modern technology? Am I right to say that we arent resting our eyes while using these gadgets? Is anyone fearing people that walk on the streets during night with the brightness of their cellphones? I received some of them and my eyes just got killed. Fact is a girl here got dry eye after a near photoshot of a photo camera. Do you guys use cellphones because i want to use one badly.

Anyways so what is the tip of you guys? Im 22 I got DES by accident because i did a laptop screen repair and the brightness of that laptop just got boomed. A doctor of mine told me the problem is brightness, a lot of young kids are getting DES because the brightness of their gadgets is way too damn high, it's scientific. So after 1 month of abstinence, I think besides the cellphone shots, I saw some improvement. The hope I can feel is that computer usage dry eye is definetely something curable even within a short time (6 months). Im ready for anything guys, when i tell people i havent went online or watched tv for a month they cant believe me. So should I avoid social gatherings because of the cellphones, should i avoid going out at night? I feel delusional but DES does cause anxiety but i can promise you that those cellphone shots just kills me but after experiment, I think long computer usage is the worst and the root of the problem, if i avoid the computer, i may be on the right path to healing. I went to another opthalmologist and he told me my case isnt permanent which just shows how much the word chronic is meaningless.

Last thing, dont you get frustrated when people tell you, hey you wont die if you watch tv? you tell them no i wont die of DES but I WANT TO HEAL. So that 1 month went to complete waste today I guess but how can i know im improving? I feel my social life just went to garbage and everything too. The problem with DES is that i Live in a big city and I cant be in control of what people does but just me. I can be in control of no cellphone, computer or tv usage but i cant control what people are doing on the streets or in any place. Do you guys understand? I want to heal and my body needs healing but how is it possible? Is it a lost cause?

/////////////////////
    Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:25.

Comment

Did the ophthalmologist tell you what is actually causing your dry eye? If you have MGD then avoiding cellphones and PC's won't cure your dry eye but it will definitely make life easier on your eyes. People using cellphones around you won't make your dry eye any worse. The reason why things like TV and PC's make dry eye worse is because your blink rate drops dramatically when your looking at the screen. People using cellphones around you won't affect your blink rate so I wouldn't worry about people using cellphones around you.

Comment

DryEyes, What treatments are you doing? have you got a nice doc?
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

robster, glad to see you back. No i havent got googles like you asked me last time. My dry eye is due to the brightness of my laptop, its not severe as mentioned by the ophtalmologist. I have no idea what the hell is mdg but all i can tell you is that, its something that I have for a long period of time due to some accident and it will disappear with time. I dont think its a glands issue or some complexions that some people have here. As for the cellphone shots, thanks for the tip but at work i got cellphone shot and lemme tell you i had big time headaches and eyes were killed. I think i should definitely go for a long term abstinence of my laptop or computer, do you guys own cellphones? Since those shots are only shots, I think it must be safe to say a computer abstinence will help me cure this within 6 months, I wish it was earlier i want to go back to school. When i get cellphone shot, the day after i have the same feeling when i use the computer the day before. The brightness i guess would just dry my tears which is why i feel the pain.

littlemermaid, I tried a lot of drops and stuff and i dont believe in anything helping dry eye in the long term at least. I believe in the body healing theory which is why im trying to abstinante from the tech crap. A 10 minutes facebook usage should be just fine. I only eat omega 3 and use restasis currently, i wasted money on stuff like bion tears, baush and lomb etc. The best so far is systane ultra and some saline thats it. Systane ultra is a quality drop imo. I have plugs too.

Comment

Like dryeye4ever, I think the problem with computer and cellphones, at least im my case, has more to do with brightness, with light, than with blink rate.

Comment

Dryeye, I wonder if wraparound sunglasses and eye mask at night are helping you? We find it easier to cope if we can keep the eye surface as moist as possible all the time, and after any inflammation is controlled first, this seems to spiral the healing of the eye surface and better tearing. Are you exercising to heal the body? I'm just wondering what helps. Our plugs have been excellent too.
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

What does it mean to be "cellphone shot?" Just trying to understand.

I am thinking if the brightness bothers you that much, there may be something else going on. Do you get migraines at all? Seizures? Any known eye issues beyond dry eye?

Comment

It's easy, put your cellphone brightness at highest and point it just a few seconds on your eyes (damn you iPhone)

Warning: If you want to work tommorow, dont do it

Seriously, it's hard to give up the tv and computer but ive no choice its like saying ive to stop smoking. Im just delaying things, i hope a good detox of cpu, tv for a 3-6 months will cure me with a good diet (omega 3 and some drops). This is curable but tremendously chronic and hard as it requires discipline

Comment

Working...
                  X