Extreme dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme dry eye

Hello: to all my good friends. It has been a while since the last time I wrote. I am writing because I was wondering if anyone is experiencing dry eyes like me. I am hardly producing any tears. I am cauterized on all four puncta. I am having a hard time with the dryness to the point that I feel that my eyelids stick to my eye. If there are any tips you can share with me I would be eternally grateful. I have been tested for Sjogrens, artritis, etc., etc., nothing shows up in my exams. I am perfectly normal. Just the dry eyes caused by LASIK.

Well, I keep my hope up. I pray everyday to God for a miracle that will bring relief to my eyes and all the people in my condition. I never tought I would have to go through something like this, but I am beleiving that things will get better. You are all in my prayers.

Love,

Jessica.

I feel your pain!

Hi Jessica,
    I have just recently been diagnosed with severe dry eye. It has only been about six weeks for me, but it has been a terrible expereince! I was very sick with some sort of virus that started on 4-17-08. I have since recovered from the virus however, I have had lingering problems ever since. My eyes just suddenly went dry! So bad now that when I cry, no tears run down my face anymore. My eyelids stick to my eyes too. I feel like I have sandpaper under my lids. Suffering now with recurrent corneal erosions. I am currently using Muro 128 drops and ointment to help heal my corneas. Just started FML drops tonight for inflamation. My doctor wants me to start Restsis now too. I am holding off for a few weeks to see how I respond to FML drops.
    I am very scared and having an extemley difficult time with this. It has changed my life dramticaly! I have been very depressed. I am sorry to hear you are suffering too. Please, if you find any relief let me know. I would love to stay in touch and see if we can help each other.
    I too have been tested for Sjogrens and Lupis. Both negative. I am having a lot of labs done to check thyroid and hormones. There has to be a reason for this! I am going to get to the the bottom of this! How do we keep in touch? Please post a reply.
    Good luck and I will pray for you too!
    ~MLT

Comment

Working...
    X