Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testosterone cream for blepharitis - return of the jedi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testosterone cream for blepharitis - return of the jedi?

The "cure" is here, my friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYhs...eature=related

I wonder why they haven't made this cream commercially available over the course of the last decade....in case it helps at all...
    Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

PS: I just loooove the drama in american news coverage very entertaining )))
    Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

Comment

It's very poor form to be on "The Doctors" promoting Testosterone cream for dry eyes yet we can't easily obtain it. It's giving people false hope.

Comment

I agree. I hate these little 2 minute snippets that promise something that appears to be "curative" and then can only be accessed if you can see this particular doctor.

Comment

The question really is, why is this treatment not available? Not financially viable, not regulated \ approved by the FDA? Maybe it's that treatments like this could kill the estimated 2 billion dollar artificial tear market.

Transdermal creams are the next best alternative. Same principle applies. The testosterone is absorbed through the skin and straight into the bloodstream. You can rub it onto your arms, legs, anywhere.
          Last edited by jads; 21-Oct-2012, 19:02.
          Jamie

Comment

/////////////////////
            Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:10.

Comment

I tried testosterone cream. It did nothing.IT did nothing for the inflammation inside my lids and i cant see how it will do anything for surface inflammation.

i can see how it might help for blocked glands with less inflammation when hormone imbalance is the cause.

I used that and progesterone cream for months. If have a doc thats open to trying things. I know my doc would prescribe it if i took him the research- Dr Liang in PA. But i dont think its the be all and end all. ONLY FOR CERTAIN PATEINTS
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Well, that s the case for DES, right? The root cause for the problem can be many things and you need to find out what yours is. I wish more docs were interested in root causes, not just symptoms.

Comment

I've been taking testosterone eye drops for several myths. I get them compounded by a pharmacy in California. There are many places that actually do sell these things. the only problem is convincing your doctor that this is a possible treatment for you. My doctor is great, he is very open to trying our new dry.eye remedies.

Comment

How are the testosterone drops working for you Desi?

Comment

Yeah, Desi-please elaborate! If you've been using drops for a while, I assume they're helpful?

Comment

I had my last IPL treatment in february, and when the doctor did an expression of my glands, several of them were clogged, several them werent working, and some of them were coming out like toothpaste. Now after using the testosterone drops, all of my glands are working, they arent clogged, and only a few are coming out like toothpa

Comment

Sorry! I'm replying via a smart phone. Anyways, I didn't feel like it was working because my symptoms are generally the same, but after seeing the results in my glands I am impressed. I have been on them for five months. My tear film is still low but I am thinking it's because of my conjunctivalchalasis. Either way I think it's worth a try for its anti inflmmatory uses!

Comment

Desi, Thanks for this. I've had several IPL treatments myself and just had a maintenance treatment last week. It helped when nothing else made any difference, but I tire of the 250 mile round trip to the closest dr. that does this. My tear film is also still low and I think,would be helped by these drops- Would you share info on who it is you see? Do you know the T. content of the drops you're using? pm me if you prefer and thanks .
                            Claire

Comment

I see Dr Gupta in Darien/lombard (chicago area) and he he best doctor I've had so far. The eye drops are .5 percent .

Comment

Working...
                              X