Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something more positive: Real tears

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-dry-eyes.html

This sounds awesome. They need to figure out a way (or device) that these could constantly flow to the eyes. I dont know about anyone else but if i was to keep my eyes lubricated i would need to put drops in every 3 minutes - thats lasts how long artificial tears last. These would last longer, but natural tears flow all the time, and keep the eyes comfortable. My issue with A tears is i cant be putting them in every 3 minutes. So why bother using them?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I totally agree with sazy. When I first got dry eyes I had to put artificial tears in every 5 minutes or so until I found moisture chamber glasses. It's ridiculous, we need constant moisture, not a few minutes of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
        I totally agree with sazy. When I first got dry eyes I had to put artificial tears in every 5 minutes or so until I found moisture chamber glasses. It's ridiculous, we need constant moisture, not a few minutes of relief.
        I know they have got this artificial tear thing really wrong. If your severe enough to need bioidential tears- then you need a CONSTANT flow on the eyes, putting drops in is not going to help because they would need to be applied every 3 minutes. Its not feasble to put drops in every 3 minutes (which is what i would have to do to get any sort of relief).

Its not like taking a pain pill which lasts hours LOL.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

thank you for postng this!!
          Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
            I know they have got this artificial tear thing really wrong. If your severe enough to need bioidential tears- then you need a CONSTANT flow on the eyes, putting drops in is not going to help because they would need to be applied every 3 minutes. Its not feasble to put drops in every 3 minutes (which is what i would have to do to get any sort of relief).

Its not like taking a pain pill which lasts hours LOL.
            Of course, all of us would like a constant flow of tears. I do hope someday we arrive at that stage. There are stem cell researches being done for that purpose alone and I really hope they succeed someday though it seems unlikely that is gonna happen anytime soon.

Until then, however, I don't think that if the drops are good, we would need to put them every 3 minutes. Part of the problem with current artificial tears is that they tend to mess up the proteins and electrolytes of our natural tears which at times dries your eyes more! If the tears we are putting in our eyes that are of good quality, at least we will feel better and hopefully not have to put tears every 10 mins since the natural tears will hydrate the corneal surface like its supposed to be hydrated. I compare it to drinking water versus drinking high fructose corn syrup

Comment

Sounds fantastic, taking 6 or so years to hit the market doesn't I guess they are still making too much money on Restasis to replace it.

Comment

I'm very skeptical about this kind of news.

It's hard to believe they can make a artificial tear equal the tear itself. And I suppose it has some differences in composition from person to person.

I agree with you. If an artificial tear could give me relief I would have to drop it every 3 minutes.

Comment

Lot of these articles seem really silly (same old hype, never really materializes). However I'm guessing this one relates to lacritin research so there may be more in it than you might think.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Not to mention even if their product works, it will take like 15 years for them to reach the market, maybe even longer considering today's economic state.

Comment

Working...
                    X