Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The longer you have post-Lasik dry eye, the more likely it will be permanent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The longer you have post-Lasik dry eye, the more likely it will be permanent?

Is it true that the longer you have post-Lasik dry eye, the more likely it will be permanent? I'm just putting this question out there because I've read on many forums that as the months go by your chances of getting permanent dry eye increase, because the healing takes place during the early stages after surgery. I didn't get put on Restasis till a year later and I feel had I got on it earlier my dry eyes might have healed. I'm double the 6month healing time and continue to be scared that my chances of recovery are dwindling. i'm looking for some hope out there.

Patrick

Happy new year Patrick

I really doubt this because post LASIK patients have now been studied closely and studies point out that recovery from dry eye can take upto 5 years. The corneal nerve regrowth is a slow and steady process for some individuals. Really, everyone heals differently, I would try to remember that before believing that it is going to be permanent.

Whether it will be permanent or not is unfortunately not in anyone's control. I would focus on healing yourself, both mentally and physically. There are several patients here who have recovered in 2, 3 or even 5 years! I hope for a much speedier recovery for you and everyone really.

Comment

Working...
    X