X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Prescription Drops Advice Please

Hello everybody,

Went to a new doc, finally a doc with schimer test(paper test), my result 5mm.

He said I need powerful lubricants.

He prescribed me:

C-NAC
    CMC 3mg
    N-Acetyl-Carnosine 1%w/v
    Glycerin 10mg
    Purite(preservative)

Cyclomune
    Cyclosporine 0.5mg
    BAK 0.02 % (preservative)

So, about the lubricant, I told him that my inflammation was caused by abusing CMC drops, but he didn't agree and told me use this. Secondly, I haven't heard of N-Acetyl-Carnosine, advice please.

Secondly, about Cyclosporine drops, I went to like 5 chemists, no one had Cyclosporine drops with another preservative, no other brand. So I took a bottle. Also i just talked to the doc on phone, he said only one alternative called Restasis exists but its not popular around because it costs like 5 times of what he prescribed me. Also he said the preservative is not only for shelf life, it also has a purpose, is also linked with the desired effect of the medicine. He said use it.

He said Cyclosporine drops 3 times a day, the leaflet inside says 2 times a day, with an interval of 12 hours.
    I asked for plugs, he said come back after 15 days, if no improvement, you'll get plugs. (probably squeezing more money from me)

So I'm confused, I don't really want to use it, because of the preservative, read that BAK damages cornea, also i'm just scared of drops these days. I am feeling bad today, so much money gone and all I have is a lubricant.

Any thoughts, advice please.

Also I went to like 5 big opticians, no one has heard of onion goggles, moisture chamber goggles. So I just went to a soprts shop and got a swimming goggle, it gets all foggy inside after a while and is uncomfortable, also cannot cannot take it to school, I'm already enough of a joke.

Can anybody post pictures of self made moisture chambers and how they did it?

Also i wanted to ask that Cyclosporine is a permanent fix or temporary one?(for whom it worked) I mean do we have to keep using it for increased tear production?

Comment

Working...
    X