iron steamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iron steamer

i just bought an iron steamer....and as its name implies, it is in fact an iron but its manuel says it can also be used as a facial steamer... i must put a lot of water and it let off hot steam...
    i wonder if this new treatment im gonna implement in my fight against dryeye will work...
    has anyone tried steam treatment???is it good or bad?....
    ...i fink that it can be an alternate method to declog the meibomian gland and to clean the eyelids (with the hot steam)....na?...
    but hey, i know, i close my eyes wen doing this:P...
    any comment about the thing i mentioned
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Hi re..eye steaming..

Yes ive tried steaming my eyes.ive got a facial sauna and i get releif from that.Or i get a bowl of hot water drape a towel around my shoulders and put my whole face over that till the water goes cool. This is a good time to do your lid massage afterwards while everything is loosened up.Then put ice compresses over your eyes to close glands.Hope this helps.

Comment

There is no way I would risk "steaming my face or any body part" with an iron and I assume it's something you iron clothes with?

You are likely to have a lot more serious injuries than dry eyes, at least in my imagination. I'd say a facial steamer would be much more practical and safe.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

lucy...
        well u know the steam iron let off steam! i DON'T put it directly on my face...i DON'T iron my face !!!.i stand @ a certain distance and let the steam goes on my face.....
        ...i wonder if this is a good treatment for lid cleaning n meibomian gland.....
        i use ointment becoz of the appearance of mucus, so i wonder if steaming can counter the negative longterm effect of ointment....
        and also, its manuel says I can use it as a facial steamer...

btw thx cherry...but y do i have to close the gland afterward with ice?....isn't it ok to let it "Open", to let it ....function?
        If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Working...
        X