Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes and fluctuating vision

Hello everyone, my name is Matthew.

For the past 5+ months I've had fluctuating vision, a burning sensation in my eyelids, and a "dry eye" feeling on both of my eyes.

About five months ago, my eyes "fogged" over. I don't know how else to really describe it. My vision was quite blurry. It has been fluctuating back and forth ever since, but never getting back to where they started (especially my left eye).

I had Lasik in 2005. Horrible idea, of course, but I really had minimal dry eye issues for the first 7 years. I've had the other complications (multiple images, etc), but my left eye was quite sharp. So, I lived with my left eye being my good eye.

I want to blame this on Lasik, but shouldn't I have had dry eyes all along? Also, each eye is it's own "patient" correct? So, really, you could get dry eye in just one eye and the other could be fine. So, getting dry eye in both eyes 7 plus years later is kinda hard to pin on Lasik (although I'm of the belief you can pin pretty much anything on Lasik).

Also, I stopped taking Axiron right before this happened (testosterone).

Also, I was taking Finasteride and Rogaine at the time this started...which really scares me. I stopped taking them. I've seen some people complain about bad side effects. Ugh, can't believe I would screw up my eyes just to keep some hair.

Thanks for your help,

Matthew

Originally posted by jstrmereel View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Matthew.

For the past 5+ months I've had fluctuating vision, a burning sensation in my eyelids, and a "dry eye" feeling on both of my eyes.

About five months ago, my eyes "fogged" over. I don't know how else to really describe it. My vision was quite blurry. It has been fluctuating back and forth ever since, but never getting back to where they started (especially my left eye).

I had Lasik in 2005. Horrible idea, of course, but I really had minimal dry eye issues for the first 7 years. I've had the other complications (multiple images, etc), but my left eye was quite sharp. So, I lived with my left eye being my good eye.

I want to blame this on Lasik, but shouldn't I have had dry eyes all along? Also, each eye is it's own "patient" correct? So, really, you could get dry eye in just one eye and the other could be fine. So, getting dry eye in both eyes 7 plus years later is kinda hard to pin on Lasik (although I'm of the belief you can pin pretty much anything on Lasik).

Also, I stopped taking Axiron right before this happened (testosterone).

Also, I was taking Finasteride and Rogaine at the time this started...which really scares me. I stopped taking them. I've seen some people complain about bad side effects. Ugh, can't believe I would screw up my eyes just to keep some hair.

Thanks for your help,

Matthew
    Matthew,

I've heard some people speak of a topical testosterone they apply to help their dry eyes, so perhaps it's linked to stopping the testosterone.

Comment

The more I think about it...

Originally posted by zuzu70 View Post
      Matthew,

I've heard some people speak of a topical testosterone they apply to help their dry eyes, so perhaps it's linked to stopping the testosterone.

zuzu70,

The more I think about it, I believe it WAS the Finasteride (Propecia) that has caused my dry eye/vision problems.

That drug messes with hormones.

Can't believe they give it to people for vanity purposes (hair loss).

STAY AWAY from Propecia (Finasteride)!!!

I'll get my hormones checked soon.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X