still dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still dry eye

Went to the eye doctor and he showed me the cataract in the other eye. Fortunately it is small and not is line of vision. Both eyes are healthy except for the dry eyes. That's good news.

Keeping the tremendous pain at bay. Stopped using restasis because the pain/tingling in the socket has gone away. Doc says that people go on and off restasis. That is what the forum seems to support.

What is working (so that most of the time, the eye is just sore feeling):

Saline washes, hot compresses/rice baggies, dwelle and dakrina (they are easier that Genteal Gel) and Refresh for contacts; no pain at night, but I squirt dwelle or dakrina if I wake up (preventative).

I practically sleep with the rice baggies. In order not to change the cover to often I heat the baggie in the microwave the then wrap it in a cloth napkin or wash cloth, and then lay down on couch, baggie over eyes, listening to a good book on tape. Napkin and/or wash cloth goes into the wash after three or four times. Lazy me.

It's raining in Richmond. I am the only one of my friends who rejoices at the humidity. Everyone else is cranky and creaky!!! Happy Halloween

fernellen
Working...
X