Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Winter Dry Eye Tips!!! Winter tricks that are different from Summer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Winter Dry Eye Tips!!! Winter tricks that are different from Summer???

Hello Everyone,

Living in Wisconsin the winter is ALWAYS the worst on my eyes. Last winter put me into deep depression as my eyes were much worse last winter than ever before. Summer humidity in Wisconsin has been awesome, as have my Wiley X glasses. With the last few days feeling like fall I have recognized that winter worsening moving in. I want to AVOID having this winter be as miserable as the last and actually want to find it enjoyable!

So, please share your winter advice, tricks, anything you might do EXTRA in the winter for your eyes that you may not need to do in the summer.

Oh, and if you are sharing can you please say whether your dry eye is mainly caused by MGD or Aqueous Deficiency! Thank you!
    Last edited by Amanda; 05-Oct-2015, 08:54.

Hi Amanda,

I'm currently living in St. Louis so I have been dealing with some of the same problems the past few years. A few tricks that help me through the winter are using a humidifier, using an extra vial of preservative free eye drops per day, using an extra drop of Restasis per day, and wearing sunglasses when I go outside. Doing all of these things together definitely seem to help me through these tough winter months. I hope this helps.

Comment

Humidifier, plastic wrap on eyes at night, when it's bad, I use night ointment (it inflames me so I use it rarely), increase the fish oil, drink more water, wear my sclerals, wait for the next season. I know that doesn't sound helpful... hopefully someone will have a new suggestion for all of us!

Comment

Thank you Dave and PotatoCakes for the suggestions! I just thought it would be helpful for us all to share what we do in case we are forgetting something in the neverending maintenance

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
        X