Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One-month 10mg/per day Isotretinoin - eyes got drier - permanent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-month 10mg/per day Isotretinoin - eyes got drier - permanent?

Hi,

I was on 10mg Accutane per day for one month. After about 25 days my eyes started feeling dry. I then continued for a few days before finally deciding to stop taking it. So now I'm off Accutane for 2 days. I would like to know how long it will take for my eyes to get back to normal.
    Since I already had problems with blepharitis/dry eyes/my meibomian glands before taking Accutane (actually Accutane was an experiment as a treatment for my eyes but that's another story) I specifically discussed this topic with my doctor. He ensured me that a low-dosis treatment like 10mg/day for only one month wouldn't be long enough to cause any permanent side-effects. Still, since my eyes right now feel quite a bit worse than before taking Accutane I am a little bit worried. Can one month of 10mg/day Accutane change the meibomian glands permanently? Can it change anything about one's eyes permanently in that amount of time?

Does anyone have any clue about this? I know, the best way to find out is wait. However, I'm just a bit in panic mode right now.

Last edited by savino; 04-Jun-2017, 07:35.

Comment

"Damage" is already an evaluation. However, if one simply reduces your statement to the most basic facts it is: "(...) Accutane as it is known to HAVE AN EFFECT on the (meibomian) glands)". From that point on it becomes clear that Accutane could be considered to be helpful in certain cases of dry-eye-syndrom.

Here is the more detailed explanation: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...e-as-treatment

Comment

Working...
      X