Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here! Anyone else have more visual disturbances than physical symptoms?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here! Anyone else have more visual disturbances than physical symptoms?

Hello everyone! I'm new to the dry eye world! I am 29 and was just diagnosed with dry eye. The symptoms I went to see the doctor for are : sensitivity to light, trouble reading, halos and shadows, tired/sore eyes, and most annoying is feeling like there is a missing spot or distorted part of my peripheral vision. I passed the overall eye exam well. When the doc did the tear production test and I was producing so little and diagnosed me with dry eye, I was actually shocked. I didn't have the dry, scratchy, painful, gritty symptoms that were listed in the pamphlet she gave me. She was pretty sure all of my symptoms could be explained by dry eye though. I have started artificial tears and then we will go from there.

My question to anyone reading this: has anyone experienced more distorted types of issues (ghosting, halos, trouble focusing, seemingly small blind spots) with their dry eyes?? She did say that my right eye was a little worse and that is the side I seem to have vision issues with. I worry that this could also be a potentially neurological issue like a persistent aura (I've had auras and migraines before.) one last thing, I did just have a miscarriage last month and hormones could also have something to do with the sudden worsening of symptoms. Any advice, experiences, tips would be immensely appreciated as I've become quite depressed about my vision.

hi linzetta! welcome! that must be quite stressful going through all that. I've never heard of dry eye causing halos, blind spots etc. Can you perhaps go to another doctor for a second opinion? Or see a neurologist? Hope things get resolved for you quickly.

Comment

Working...
    X