Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge rainbow colored halos around lights and light streaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge rainbow colored halos around lights and light streaks?

Hi,

I'm 31 years old and wear glasses (confirmed that prescription is up to date) and have the following described symptoms with or without glasses on.

I was recently diagnosed with dry eyes by my local ophthalmologist. I was prescribed eye drops which I've been diligently following for a month, not only have they not helped but they seem to make my eyes feel water bogged and too moist.

Let me elaborate please.

My eyes were twitching for roughly a month (no idea what caused that) but the twitching went away by itself.

I developed floaters in both eyes and that by in itself wouldn't be too bad but now I see light streaks from most sources of light (not really the starbursts you see in pictures or photos but these are laser like little beams) which extend from the light source all the way to my eyes. Very annoying. The surprising aspect of this is by raising my eyelids the light streaks are pretty much eliminated. It's almost like by raising my tear meniscus away from my pupil (I have some droopy eyelids) and thus giving light a shorter path to my pupils is helping here. I know a person who also has droopy eyelids but doesn't have this light streaking problem so I don't think the eyelids are to blame here.

If I do blink or lower my eyelids the light streaking becomes much worse.

I also see immense rainbow colored halos around lights. Not the mild halos someone might normally see but huge ones that you can literally and clearly see each color in each ring clearly. I thought it might have been glaucoma but I don't have any pain or loss of peripheral vision (Dr ruled out glaucoma).

I have this light streaking and rainbow halo problem both during the day and night. I haven't had any eye surgery like laser etc...

I also don't have any other problems apart from the listed visual ones, no pain, nausea etc... This is what is surprising me because I believed dry eye came with burning, itching and other sensations?

Regarding the rainbow colored halos, from basic physics it means that light is somehow been scattered or separated as it enters my eye and before it reaches my retina? Which means it's either the tear film, cornea, lens or the vitreous gel.

(1) Tear film
    The eye drops should have helped if it was the tear film?

(2) Cornea
    No idea, the Dr did do an "orbscan" and didn't find anything wrong. Not sure how confidence you can put in that?

(3) Lens
    No idea.

(4) Vitreous gel
    The floaters are pretty minor and few in number so I don't think they're causing it as I'm guessing the light streaking and halos would move as they move, unless it's the main body of the vitreous gel that's somehow causing a refractive error? It just seems a bit coincidental to develop floaters (Dr verified that there was nothing wrong with my retina like a tear) at the same time this whole mess started.

Well thanks for reading my post

Any comments from the dry eye veterans? Are light streaks which are worsened by your eyelid position as well as rainbow colored halos plausible symptoms of dry eye?

I see circular rainbows around the lights. gonioscopy turned out well, eye pressure ok. why did you see that?

Comment

Working...
    X