I have had enough.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had enough.......

i just had an allergic reaction to tobradex and called in to doctor,he called in fml drops,yet another steroid,i told him i wanted something over the counter and asked what to get,they just said natural tears,what are those,theres like a thousand eye drops out there,they couldnt even give me a name of one,i researched and found antihistamines,saline drops,this is so upsetting that i have to go to a web site to get information,can anyone give me advice on what otc drop to use for allergic conjunctivitis,i am new to all of this,have no idea
    Last edited by bootsy7; 10-Dec-2015, 11:21.

This is very individual and I think talking to an ophthalmologist is the best thing to do.

With that being said, I was diagnosed with allergic conjunctivitis once and was told to wash my eyes with saline every morning and then use lecrolyn once in the morning and once at night. Again, it was a personal diagnosis so I'm not sure that will work for you. But I think you can get lecrolyn otc.

Comment

Ophtalmologist often misdiagnised dry eyes with allergic conjuctivitis , just as me. I had an over reaction to Tobradex and have a lot of inflammation now. So dont run into Steroids drops plz.

Comment

peterbelgian,they ordered another one fml,i told them i wanted an antihistamine,they ordered padaday,i dont think i spelled that right,anyway,any luck with that? and also i got bit by a bug,thinking bed bug from a hotel stay when this nightmare began,im wondering if it caused this reaction in my eyes,who knows but im done with the steroid,i got a dry cough and sore throat from it and i want to get better not a quick fix,UNLESS IM LITERALLY IN SO MUCH PAIN,THEN I DONT CARE WHAT THE HECK I THROW IN MY EYES,LOL

Comment

denim03,did that work for you? im going to google that now,because i have no idea what anything is because i never had an issue,are you good now?

Comment

you know its funny,i hated school and research but when you get sick,you become a researching maniac,lol

Comment

Originally posted by bootsy7 View Post
              denim03,did that work for you? im going to google that now,because i have no idea what anything is because i never had an issue,are you good now?
              I don't think my issues were allergy related, I believe I was misdiagnosed. So the treatment didn't do much. The saline did help me a bit, but like I said my problems were not allergy related.

Comment

hmmmm,what is causing your eye dryness? if you dont mind me asking,i have a dr. appt tom. and i dont think mine are as well,i think something else

Comment

Originally posted by bootsy7 View Post
                  hmmmm,what is causing your eye dryness? if you dont mind me asking,i have a dr. appt tom. and i dont think mine are as well,i think something else
                  Blepharitis.

Make sure to ask all of your questions and don't back down if you feel like you aren't getting any answers. Look around in this forum to get a hint of what kind of questions you can ask etc. I wish you best of luck! Do tell how it went.

Comment

You can try Antihistamine , i tried for like 1month Pataday , it did nothing. When your inflammation is so big taht even Anti histamine or steroids do nothing , you can just hope , it will end by lubriating your eyes or try Cyclosporine ( at higher % than 0.05 ) im actually at 0.5% one drop morning/nigth , i dont know if it acts really well but at least i do not have dry eyes symptoms anymore. My are are still unconfortable but not they way of dry eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X