This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what to be doing...

Hi everyone. I'll try to make this quick but it's a long story. I've never had any eye problems until there was an accident at my workplace. Someone splashed me with just "one drop" of methanol. However after that incident my one affected eye keeps feeling like there's slmething stuck under the eyelid. I've been to multiple doctors. This happened 3 weeks ago, the accident was right before Thanksgiving so the ER gave me antibiotic ointment for a few days until I could see a doctor the Monday after the long weekend. Anyway I reacted badly to the ointment made my eyelashes itchy and painful eye that would come and go. Not sure if I was allergic but it was erythromycin. So I saw an eye doctor. One thought it was dry eye possible. And another looked at my eyelids and said it was blepharitis. Pretty much they brushed me off with eyedrops and warm compresses which I've been using but really on bad days there is little difference. I struggle the most at work because I work evenings so the eye is very bothersome halfway through my shift and I feel terrible and just want to close my eye and lay down but I cant.

Anyway here are the symptoms. When the chemical "splashed" my eye there wasn't any stinging or burning but later I got a sensation that something was stuck in my eyelid. This didn't go away and persisted. Fast forward to eyedrops and compresses and I still am having this feeling of something stuck. The feeling comes and goes and sometimes it's one area and then another area of the eye. Weird. I also noticed that my eye has this weird sticky goo on the corner of it. Its not a ton but I notice it keeps coming back. I have been taking fish oil hoping it would help. I don't necessarily feel "dry eye" unless I'm at work for extended hours (maybe it's the environment air conditioning?). I also notice I got some hordeolum (?) which look like a clear bump on the inner part of my eyelid. Some of them go away in a couple days. There aren't a ton. Anyway the two eye Doctors I saw are being dismissive and I mention testing my eye for dry eye like tears testing or something to test my eyelid glands but they say no. I'm in a rough spot. Sometimes this makes me so depressed because I have this feeling of something stuck in my eye but there's nothing... I use warm compress 2x day for 5 mins and my vision is blurred temporarily (a good thing it's releasing oil) and drops as needed (which isn't often) but they don't really help. When my eye feels severe it has a sticking sensation like the corner of my eye and the eyelid. Stuck not because of pus or anything but just feeling sluggish and I can feel the eye movement. Yuck. This doesn't happen every day but it usually happens later at work because of using my eye a lot maybe?

Anyway sorry that was long. I would just like some advice or opinions. I feel really alone here with this issue and my workplace seems to not understand how bad it feels for me either. It gets so bad I feel like quitting my job some nights ugh but I cant. Also I have surgery scheduled next Monday and honestly im not sure if I should do it now because this eye problem has been limiting me from doing my daily routine and it also is giving me a lot of mental grief. I had a period of time where I cried every night I got home from work because I was just so frustrated and felt helpless.

I just want it to stop or heal or whatever. I'm depressed about this being permanent. I feel like im gonna lose my mind if it is like this the rest of my life. My hobbies and personal time pretty much disappeared as I can't really focus or do much of anything for a long time.

Thank you for reading this.

First , calm down , you are not in pain , you can still sleep , live without being in pain so first calm down. I know its hard to do it but calm down really. Try to see you in a mirror and smile to you telling you everything gonna be all right ( one of the advice my gf gave me when i was at my worst , i didnot listen to her ). Its so important to keep your head on straight in good and bad times.

Secondly find a doc who will do Schirmer test and Tear Break up time , who will tell you if you have any sign of inflammation ( under eyelids ). Who talks to you , who tells you everything about your eyes , not just seeing.

Did you have your cul-de-sac red or pink? Did you have blurry vision in the day? Symptom of dryness? Dont forget that SYMPTOMS are KINGS in this disease and not the ****ing records your doctor give you
    ( but they can be useful too so check for it : schirmer , tbut)

Try saline solution , morning and night to just rinse your eyes.

I hope its the first step to your recovery

Comment

Working...
    X