Time nerve Regeneration after Lasik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time nerve Regeneration after Lasik

There is something i dont understand , when we do Lasik , they cut the nerves when they do the flap so everyone must have some dryness? Why some of us didnot experience any dryness or poor dryness and others extreme dryness?

I mean im sure there are ppl who did Lasik like 5 years ago and their nerve still dont have regenerate but they have nothing. No dryness , no disconfort. ITS L O T T E R Y. When our doctors say : Well nerves will regenerate and dryness will disappear. Well why my friend didnot had any dryness? Can you explain me this? He did the same procedure and didnot had dryness? He got super nerves or what? If they must regenerate for not having dryness?! This procedure is not well understand by the refractive surgeron. Its just lottery.

Someone can explain me this?

I'm curious too. I have at least 20 friends who did lasik .and nobody has such problem that I have. I think nobody can answer your questions Peter. But I don't trust doctors anymore. If I can live with what I have without much pain, I never go to the doctor anymore.
    Last edited by Irina; 20-Dec-2015, 15:05.

Comment

I had PRK and did not have severe dry eyes until two years after the surgery. You asked a good question.
      Last edited by LaDiva; 20-Dec-2015, 20:30.

Comment

I experienced three weeks of little dryness after my operation, my friend had no dryness at all. If i had no dryness at all , i would never have gone to another stupid doc. And another thing im sure too , the psychological state play a big role in this , in nerve signals , endings. I was super drepressive three month after my surgery altought i had nothing but a stupid doctor told me i had severe dryness ( it was allergy due to VitAPos) , i was crying all day without any symptoms of dryness or pain because i read horror story about dryness etc..... then i putted Dexamethasone and horror started... Its another story.
        Last edited by PeterBelgian; 21-Dec-2015, 04:17.

Comment

Working...
        X