Wearing eye mascara: a terrible idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing eye mascara: a terrible idea

After some weeks of having my blepharitis under control, I decided to try and wear eye mascara to work yesterday for the first time in many months (I had worn it a month ago when I went to Hamburg, but it was OK as I was most of the time outdoors and the weather was very humid). I live in Madrid where the weather is dry as hell and there's a lot of pollution. But still I wanted to give it a try. So I put on this hypoallergenic mascara for very sensitive eyes. It was a terrible mistake. I was ok almost the whole morning, but at noon the itching and the pain began. It was hideous (also I have an AC machine just above my head, which doesn't help), it was as if my eyes were pierced by micro knives. My eyes got inflammated and I couldn't put up with the light (I hadn't had such a terrible photophobia for weeks). When I got home and washed my makeup away, the pain didn't go. I soaked my eyes with eye drops (maybe not a very good idea, but I was in despair) and I could hardly sleep.
    Today my right eye is still aching (my left eye is usually worse), but it's bearable so far (let's see what happens when they turn on the AC).
    I guess I'll have to stick to wearing mascara only in special occasions :'(
    Does anyone know a brand that's blepharitis friendly? The one I was wearing yesterday was Avene.

Sounds like an allergy.

Comment

I don't know, in the clinic where I had the LASIK done I was told my problems came from an allergy (they didn't make any tests on me or anything). I went to see another ophthalmologist because I didn't trust their diagnosis and he said my problem was dry eyes and blepharitis (which is what I suspected).

Comment

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:40.

Comment

Looking forward to reading it!

Comment

Working...
          X