No announcement yet.

Any help for pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. My doc does serum drops. She doesn't seem to think they are worth the time/trouble/expense but she will do it if I ask.

Comment

I think I do have that. I saw that on my medical record. The conjunctival chalasis. Yes. I have a copy of my medical record and it is there. I also have ABMD which I believe is anterior basement membrane dystrophy. It looks like there is a suegery for conjunctival chalasis. Anyone???
      Last edited by Roe72; 16-Aug-2013, 05:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Roe72 View Post
        It looks like there is a suegery for conjunctival chalasis. Anyone???
        Yes, for conjucntival chalasis the surgery is conjunctivoplasty with amniotic membrane transplantation. Symptomatic CC is terribly painful. It does not go away by itself. The only way I could get relief on my own was to keep my eyes closed all the time. I kept them closed for months all day long.

Dr. ****** did my surgery. I could tell a few weeks after the first eye was done how much better I would feel. Before the surgery it was like having very dry tissue paper shoved under the eye lids. It was simply awful. That problem is completely resolved post surgery.

Comment

Katewest,
          I have dry eyes and mgd, and I've been diagnosed with conjunctival chalasis after trying a scleral lens and prokera. I have symptoms similar to what NotADryEye posted--mostly in my right eye. I'm going to see Dr ****** in a few months and I hope to have the surgery done, and I hope that's the answer I've been looking for about 6 1/2 years. Of course I won't know until it's done.

Comment

Working...
          X