Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of true Dry Eye Treatment

http://www.tearsolutions.com/Program.html

Here is a great video on Lacritin that all dry eye patients must watch: http://www.scivee.tv/node/5761
    Last edited by hankm9; 06-Sep-2016, 07:35.

Having relief soon sounds great. However on the website it says five or six years before we see this drop on the market.
    Five or six years is a long time to wait when we all want relief now.
    But it does sound like real progress.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. Any hope is welcome. 5-6 years wait is nothing compared to a lifetime of hopelessness.

Comment

Hi Hank,

Thanks for all your efforts as a dry eye patient advocate.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the possibility of purchasing lacritin and having it compounded into drops. Seems available for purchase http://agenombio.com/elisa-kit-for-l...t-p-24885.html

Comment

/////////////

Comment

It may be doable. For example, SPMCC kindly contacted Leiters about compounding Diquafosol and they were interested, but when they looked into it further they couldn't find an FDA approved supplier for the active ingredient - tetrasodium. However, in this case, maybe Lacritin is already FDA approved.

Comment

Thanks hank!
              I am not posting very much here,but i follow your efforts very,very closely.
              I am extremely interested in your findings and the things you have to say.

Keep up the good work. Its highly appreciated!

Patrick..

Comment

there are several drugs in the pipeline which should (could) be released earlier than in 5-6 years. Like MIM-D3, CF-101, maybe even NGF from Dompe (though not for dry eye, but use it off-label should not be such a big problem), so it's great to read about their plans, but we should keep in mind that it's not the only one promising drug.

Comment

/////////////////

Comment

I suppose MIM-D3 is something like NGF and it repairs (especially after LASIK) impaired ocular surface nerves, which are in my opinion also responsible for basal tearing, but maybe I'm wrong.
                    One interesting thing to increase basal tearing is Oculeve which should be injected directly into lacrimal glands, so I suppose it would increase it.

Comment

the 2nd link you posted -the video is from 2008... ?is it still in progress?

Comment

Originally posted by karensumner View Post
                        the 2nd link you posted -the video is from 2008... ?is it still in progress?
                        Yes - www.tearsolutions.com

Comment

is it going to take another 5 years or do you have any idea of a timeframe? thank you !

Comment

A lack of funding has held it up. It probably would already be available by now. One investor was about to put in 3m then pulled out. Research dollars goes into making goopy goo artificial tears, rather than looking at a curative aspect. If artificial tears worked that well, I wouldn't have needed to close my left eye all day during my trip to the city today. These pharma companies are focussed on $$$$ profit and we are suffering because of it.

Comment

thanks..keep us posted please on any updates..and i of course will follow the website.i have it bookmarked.

Comment

Working...
                              X