Eye sight is worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye sight is worse

I'm getting worried now. My eyes are feeling less dry throughout the day now compared to a few months ago. When I wake up my vision is perfect! I don't wear glasses or contacts and I can see/read far away. As the day goes on I start to see very slight double vision. Not full on double vision but when I look at the edge of an object a good distance away I can see a ghost of the image(double vision). It's not in the way or anything I don't even notice it until I try to but it's getting me worried. My eyes do feel much less dry through the day though. Also I feel like my nearsight vision is worse now. When I'm eating and I look at my food my eyes feel weaker like it's hard to focus on something close up. Is this stuff permanent? Should I be worried? It's been going on for a little more than a week.

Before my eyesight usually goes this bad but much worse after playing a game for like an hour. And usually I get this vision after reading but that was like a month ago. Now this happens through the day but it's far less noticeable but I'm concerned if this is permanent damage. I really really don't want to wear glasses. Only if it's for temporary to fix my vision but I don't want to wear them for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by romeodakins; 30-Aug-2013, 18:44.

Consult an optometrist, romeo you have the same condition as me stop worrying about it. I got dry eyes from my laptop, its nothing severe. You do not have a loss of vision, you may have developped myopia so buy glasses. Use glasses when you play games, study, driving or etc, thats it, you dont have to wear them everyday when you go outside.

Comment

Originally posted by dryeye4ever View Post
      Consult an optometrist, romeo you have the same condition as me stop worrying about it. I got dry eyes from my laptop, its nothing severe. You do not have a loss of vision, you may have developped myopia so buy glasses. Use glasses when you play games, study, driving or etc, thats it, you dont have to wear them everyday when you go outside.
      So is there any way to get rid of Myopia? It doesn't necessarily only happen with objects up close but also far away but doesn't strain the eyes too much from far away.

Comment

Also I covered my left eye to test my right eye and these symptoms are way worse on my right eye(right eye has always been drier also and my right eye has always been smaller than my left.

Comment

Steroid drops can make close up vision worse temporarily.
          I don't know if you've had refractive surgery. I have and I have ghosting and poor vision in one eye but mine gets better the longer my eyes are open. It's irregular astigmatism and having my eye closed must make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
            Steroid drops can make close up vision worse temporarily.
            I don't know if you've had refractive surgery. I have and I have ghosting and poor vision in one eye but mine gets better the longer my eyes are open. It's irregular astigmatism and having my eye closed must make it worse.
            I stopped using drops a long time ago. I just woke up and did compresses. My vision is top shape now no double vision or strain at all. I'll post on the update of what happens throughout the day.

Comment

Romeodakins ~ please post up and tell us what the optometrist says when you go for your next eye checks. Are you absolutely sure that your vision is normal when you wake up, and then changes during the day? Thanks
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                Romeodakins ~ please post up and tell us what the optometrist says when you go for your next eye checks. Are you absolutely sure that your vision is normal when you wake up, and then changes during the day? Thanks
                Yeah it's absolutely normal when I wake up. I check every single morning. Once I do some basic web surfing or read for more than an hour my eye sight gets worse. When it gets to night time is when it's the worse. Right now it's 5:54 pm and it's a little worse now but not as worse as it is when it's like 12am midnight.

Comment

Does your eyesight return to normal if you put eyedrops in while you're on the computer or reading? You probably know that vision changes when the eye surface is dry. Have you adjusted computer screens so that you are not staring ahead too much? It is possible to minimise eye surface exposed by changing position for reading. You know some people are wearing wraparound computer glasses and moisture chamber glasses for this. And some people are using the blink reminder programme from the DryEyeZone page and minimising glare. Some people close their eyes to recover during the day eg after lunch. This is difficult for you if you are studying - are you going back to school or looking for work? You need to sleep regular hours and put your health first - 12am is too late for someone dealing with dry eyes

Comment

Does your eyesight return to normal if you put eyedrops in while you're on the computer or reading? You probably know that vision changes when the eye surface is dry. Have you adjusted computer screens so that you are not staring ahead too much? It is possible to minimise eye surface exposed by changing position for reading. You know some people are wearing wraparound computer glasses and moisture chamber glasses for this. And some people are using the blink reminder programme from the DryEyeZone page and minimising glare. Some people close their eyes to recover during the day eg after lunch. This is difficult for you if you are studying - are you going back to school or looking for work? You need to sleep regular hours and put your health first - 12am is too late for someone dealing with dry eyes
                    On weekends I sleep at like 1:30 AM and wake up at 12PM but weekdays I study a lot and I gotta read a lot(text books and novels). I'll try some eye drops see if my vision goes back to normal.

Comment

Just tried some drops, still same symptoms.

Comment

Are you in airconditioned environment? It was 09.30am here on a Sunday morning when you posted and your eyes are suffering already? Do you think you will have to get moisture chamber glasses for computer and studying?

Comment

Are you in airconditioned environment? It was 09.30am here on a Sunday morning when you posted and your eyes are suffering already? Do you think you will have to get moisture chamber glasses for computer and studying?
                          I think my eyes are doing way better than before though. I can actually tolerate the air conditioner now I don't think it's bad enough to need those chamber glasses. Also when I wake up and my eyes are super dry, I don't have the vision problems at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X