Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Several prominent red veins in right eye that won't go away?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indrep View Post
    NotearsATL, Yes the Oasis Tears Plus drops are in vials and are preservative free. The vials also seem to recap nicely.

Even quadraplugged people may take months before the redness begins to diminish. Reducing osmolarity takes time.
    That's good to know. Was thinking plugs would be more of an instant relief kind of thing for the aqueous deficiency sufferers so I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

I think that after so many years the red veins are permanent. I have been using Oasis Tears Plus for almost a year and a half and my veins are no better. They are not as bright when I first wake up but get redder during the day. They get extremely red under flourescent lights. Maybe they help if you catch it early enough, just did not help me.

Comment

C hope
        My wife is quadraplugged and been on OASIS Tears Plus for almost three years. She used to have "road map" eyes, there are now days when they are just really light pink. My experience tells me that when uses the drops every four hours regardless of how the eyes feel the better it gets. I try to explain that once the sensation of discomfort is felt the osmolarity of the tear film has already gone up.

Comment

Thanks Indrep! That gives me hope for the redness. I could live with it if I could get rid of the pain. It would be nice to feel better and look better. I don't think I will ever be able to handle the flourescents though. My pain and super redness are like a switch when I walk into that lighting.

Comment

I wonder what it is about fluorescent lighting - it's a killer for me too and I know for many others as well.

Does anyone know?

Like you c hope - it's just like a switch - it started way back before I even had any dryness or eye problems. My mom was the one who noticed that any time we went to the grocery (a particular one) as soon as we were in, my eyes became red. At first it was just at certain stores and then it progressed to happening in all stores. There has to be an explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by alisonW View Post
              I wonder what it is about fluorescent lighting - it's a killer for me too and I know for many others as well.

Does anyone know?

Like you c hope - it's just like a switch - it started way back before I even had any dryness or eye problems. My mom was the one who noticed that any time we went to the grocery (a particular one) as soon as we were in, my eyes became red. At first it was just at certain stores and then it progressed to happening in all stores. There has to be an explanation.
              From the DEZ site:

"Fluorescent lights, and any overly bright light causing excessive reflection, can be a problem for people with dry eye due to photosensitivity.
              Try to make light adjustments (such as removing fluorescent bulbs immediately overhead) that will reduce brightness and minimize reflection on computer screens or other surfaces."

The other explanation is that fluorescent lighting in and of itself just highlights red and pink. Example: Look at your eyes in natural daylight or the lighting at your house, and then go into a bathroom that has fluorescent lighting. Scary, huh? That's why it is recommended that makeup customers try on makeup in natural light, not under fluorescent lights, because in that instance you'd end up overdoing your makeup, attempting to cover up flaws that really aren't apparent under other types of lights.

Ive read that older types of fluorescent bulbs have a type of rapid flicker, that's not noticeable to you, but is noticeable to your eye. This causes the eye strain/headaches that many experience (that's my understanding, anyway). So, in my opinion, it could be any of those three things.

Comment

Thanks for the information No tears in ATL. It's a bummer since fluorescent lighting seems to be everywhere now.

Comment

Ahh I mentioned this in my post on this thread... http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...5765#post85765

So why do some peoples eyes look awful under bright lights where as others look fine?

Typical for me because I actually work at a shop... People must think im stressed all the time/tired.

Comment

Hi! I had the same thing and now almost rid of the red veins. I took 3000 mg Taurine on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening and in literally 1 week the majority of them have disappeared!

I thought these red veins might be permanent and was distressed. I also take curcumin and propolis but taking the Taurine cleared all the veins in my left eye and in my right eye I woke up to discover that one of the major red veins have faded and disappeared!!!!

I was originally taking 3000mg of taurine but in the last week upped the dosage to 6000mg when I started seeing the results.

Hope this helped.
                    Logan x

Originally posted by KG2002 View Post
                    I have veins in both eyes. However, the excess amount in the right eye is quite clear and devastating.

I'm 20 years old. I've never done eye surgery, wore contacts, or used vasoconstrictors (eye drops)

I initally went to the optometrist (age 17) with eye strain complaint. He only prescribed me glasses.

I now believe the strain was due to dry eye issues because of prolonged computer usage and not enough sleep. This particularly happened from June-November 2012 and January-March 2013. Now my eyes are ruined.. first large vein appeared in September 2012.. another vein appeared with 3 additional veins branching off it noticed in February 2013.

It's a shame the effects of computer overuse are not widely publicized.

I'm using lubricating eye drops occasionally. I don't really suffer from dry eyes unless i'm spending 10+ hours a day surfing the net or watching television.

I'm just sad about these "permanent" veins in my eyes and I'm hopelessly trying to get rid of them or reduce their severity. Has anyone with red eye veins treated them successfully after many months?

Comment

Finally some encouraging news. Was this product recommended by your doctor? How long have you been taking it for? Any rebound redness or other side effects?

Comment

Originally posted by KG2002 View Post
                        Finally some encouraging news. Was this product recommended by your doctor? How long have you been taking it for? Any rebound redness or other side effects?
                        Hi KG,

No my doc didn't recommend it. He recommend I take steroid drops for one week and told me my eyes were as white as they were going to get. Well, I didn't believe him, and started researching online and reading medical journals and studies conducted in the united states, Japan and Europe and discovered that Taurine and L-Arginine are necessary for eye health and reverses cataracts ans diabetic retinopathy. I have neither of those conditions, but I thought well if they are good for eye health, then why not try it?

I looked for probable side effects of those supplements and started out with the minimal dosage and started increasing after a week. The only side effects I found were positive: my skin started looking great and I had lots more energy.

Taurine and l-arginine also lowers your blood pressure, and perhaps the underlying cause of red eyes is blocked or constricted arterial vessels. When I was younger I had suffered from deep vein thrombosis when I was flying for 15 hours straight and didn't move while not wearing plane socks and probably caused a clot in my leg. I also used to get very red when I would drink alcohol, but now since taking those supplements, I no longer turn red and my face doesn't feel hot and flushed.

Logan x

Comment

Hi Logandly,
                          I'm not sure if you'll receive this message, but I'm just hoping that perhaps you could share a bit more information on it? Like how long you took them for, and perhaps an update on how your eyes are now after taking Taurine? 3000mg per morning and 3000mg per night seems quite a lot, I just want to make sure that is the dosage you took.

Also, what dosage of I-arginine did you take? Do you think the red veins were more fixed by the Taurine? Or were the other supplements like I-arginine, curcumin and propolis necessary?

Were your eyes chronically red as well before, but still healthy?
                          Last edited by Jon20; 10-Oct-2015, 08:16.

Comment

I would like more information regarding the use of taurine to relieve eye redness as well... bump

Comment

Working...
                            X